Esteemed Contributor

Omg I want the artisan brushes

Has anyone tried or seen these brushes in tutorials. You can literally do all your makeup with five brushes. I think I wouldn't use them for bronzing or blush but they can be used for those things. Anyone tried these or the dupes on Amazon. The five piece set is pricey at $165.
Valued Contributor

Re: Omg I want the artisan brushes

How funny! I was coming to post just now about these brushes being back on HSN and here is your post talking about ArtisSmiley Happy. I'm jumping in to say I want them too. In fact this morning I ordered the Artis set for $95 that has 3 brushes, the cleaning pad, and foam. It sold out last time they were on and I got an email saying they are back.

Aside:  I did grab a similar look 10 brush piece set from Amazon that is another brand for $40. And I liked these enough to go for the Artis. I can't believe how much nicer my Laura Geller foundation and blush look using these type brushes. What a happy discovery.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I would get the five pease set and one bigger oval brush. I can dream but maybe down the road I can get a set.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ccassaday wrote:
I think I would get the five pease set and one bigger oval brush. I can dream but maybe down the road I can get a set.

There are so many sets on Amazon for soooo much less. I got the O! Wow brush and I love it but on Amazon it is half what I paid for it on another channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

So you liked the dupes on Amazon and noticed a difference.
Respected Contributor

I tried the Artis set.  I liked them, but I felt they were priced way too high so I returned them. I then got the Cailyn O Wow brush.  IMO, it performs just as well as the Artis at a fraction of the price.

Respected Contributor

You may be perfectly happy with the less expensive set of brushes & that would be great. But, I know that, mostly, the pricier brushes are more for a reason. I have one of the Mac Professional Oval 6 & it applies foundation sooo nicely. I do not have nice skin, but when I use this brush it looks like it is.

Regular Contributor

Ladies, check out ovalbrushset.com. You get a 10-piece set for $39.95.  I think they are exactly like the $350 ones. I received mine, I use them, and I love them!  I ordered an extra set for my daughter for Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I may order one of those sets for 40 on Amazon the next time I place a order. I am horrid with eyeliner on upper lie and those brushes make it look so easy. I don't think cheaper matters. There are so many inexpensive brushes that work well. Elf has some really good ones. I have such a mixture of brushes would love to get it down to ten that I will use.
Honored Contributor

I am looking to buy these: 

mymakeupbrushset dot com

You get 10 brushes for 39.99, ships 4.95

Someone here posted this info a while back and Iv'e been looking at them since.Woman Very Happy