Regular Contributor

Old, outdated Wen product going back

Really disappointed after receiving my 3 piece lip set A379073 today.   Mfg. dates  5/2018 and 10/2018. I bought several other Wen items also but they did not have a date but  a code. Makes me wonder...Well, so much for that.  Buyer beware.

Honored Contributor

Re: Old, outdated Wen product going back

@turquoisebb   I feel badly that happened, but not surprised. Some here have reported receiving old, out of date products. 

Esteemed Contributor

Last time I had this happen I was told the date was when the packaging was manufactured - not when the product was made! I wasn't convinced Woman Frustrated. It was a really good priced 319 duo, though-  so I kept it.So far the product has been fine.

I wanted to test that answer, but my local Ulta's and Sephora's didn't carry Wen any longer,  

Honored Contributor

@turquoisebb - If those dates are accurate, that is unacceptable in my mind, no matter who the vendor is.  Make sure you mark your return "Defective" and comment that the products are two years old.  You should not have to pay the return or original shipping for something like that.

I'm surprised, as I didn't even know he made lip products.  I wonder when he started that line?

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Last time I had this happen I was told the date was when the packaging was manufactured - not when the product was made! I wasn't convinced Woman Frustrated. It was a really good priced 319 duo, though-  so I kept it.So far the product has been fine.

I wanted to test that answer, but my local Ulta's and Sephora's didn't carry Wen any longer,  

@Ibby114 - I've used WEN for a long time now (although not exclusively), but who ever heard of putting a manufacturing date on packaging?  That's just nonsense.  Anyone heard of "expired packaging"?  I suppose, if the packaging was edible?  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114 - I've used WEN for a long time now (although not exclusively), but who ever heard of putting a manufacturing date on packaging?  That's just nonsense.  Anyone heard of "expired packaging"?  I suppose, if the packaging was edible?  Woman Very Happy

@Venezia   Most skincare, body care and makeup products have a date of mfg. or an expiration date/code. FDA does not regulate some products (a lot of organic/clean ones), so those do not always have a date.

Esteemed Contributor

That's why I stopped using Wen years ago!  Guess some things never change...Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Venezia   Most skincare, body care and makeup products have a date of mfg. or an expiration date/code. FDA does not regulate some products (a lot of organic/clean ones), so those do not always have a date.

@Shanus - I was responding to the poster's comment that she was told the manufactured date applied to the packaging, not the product.

Of course I am aware that many products have a mfg. or expiration date. But cardboard or plastic packaging? No.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Shanus - I was responding to the poster's comment that she was told the manufactured date applied to the packaging, not the product.

Of course I am aware that many products have a mfg. or expiration date. But cardboard or plastic packaging? No.

@Venezia   Is the product not inside the packaging? That's what I assumed.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus - This is what the poster said"

"Last time I had this happen I was told the date was when the packaging was manufactured - not when the product was made! I wasn't convinced "

She was being told the date only applied to the actual packaging.  I hope that makes it clearer.

Have a great day!