Respected Contributor

I just got my second shipment of Winter CC from the auto-delivery, and instead of the large, wrap-around labels on the Vanilla Mint bottles, I got the old, small, front&back two part labels that Chaz used to use. Do you suppose these bottles could be left over from two or three years ago? Or could it be that just the labels are old, but the CC is new?

Esteemed Contributor

Funny you say that after opening my 32 ounce Orange Spring Blossom my first thought was that this is an old bottle.

Respected Contributor
Even the pictures show the old labels. I wonder though if they simply did not go back and order new artwork, but simply ordered more of the same labels produced from the label vendor. If they order a new type, they have to do new artwork, get new proofs and pay again for each step. This way, everything is already set up and they only have to pay for the actual run. I don't think it's old product.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Regular Contributor
There is a date printed on the bottom of every wen bottle. I'm not sure if it's the date that the bottle was manufactured or the contents? eta: my WVM oil that I ordered in January has 2013 on the bottom of it. It makes me feel as if I have to use it up first in case it's also the contents that are older.
Respected Contributor

Maybe you could email Chaz's CS and ask...Since the shelf life is 2 years, I am not sure how they would work that....I would agree if art work is already done on a product label they might not re-create it....

Honored Contributor

I got both types of labels in my last A-D shipment. (All were Winter Vanilla Mint.) I also thought that some of the bottles were the old ones.

ETA: I just checked the bottom of my bottles (per Serena in previous post) and the date on the 'old' labeled bottle is the same as the date on the WVM 16 oz bottle I still have from the original order a few years ago. I'm going to assume that it's the manufacturing date of the contents, and use that bottle up first. Since I'm still using some WVM from my order a few years ago and it's still good, I don't have a problem with getting old supply.

However, I have wondered about this in the past. When you have a 'limited time' item and that item doesn't sell out completely, what do they do with the left overs?

Honored Contributor

I actually prefer the old labels so I hope they are back! I like that you can see how much you have left better with the old labels.

Valued Contributor

I agree - I have to peel the edges off the new labels (not easy) in order to see what's left. Much prefer the old ones.

Respected Contributor

Serena, I hope there's more to the code on the bottom than strict dating, because some of my bottles date back to 2009, which I am pretty sure is before Chaz introduced the seasonals. I will take out all the bottles, write down all the codes, and e-mail the WEN CS team tonight from home and hope to get this straightened out. Thanks, everyone!

Respected Contributor
On 4/8/2015 quadmimi said:

Maybe you could email Chaz's CS and ask...Since the shelf life is 2 years, I am not sure how they would work that....I would agree if art work is already done on a product label they might not re-create it....

The shelf life is 2 years once it's opened, and Chaz says he uses it out to three years and has never had any problems. Some of us on the boards have stated even longer times, so I think everybody should probably come out fine.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012