Esteemed Contributor

Old Pink Plastic Hair Rollers

Well, I did it.  I found my old pink plastic brush hair rollers back in the depths of my linen closet.  My hair has gotten sooo long - haven't had a haircut since late January.  Finding a way to style my hair had gotten to be a challenge, so this morning I rolled it up on my pink rollers and let it dry.    It doesn't look too bad, if it was 1968.  Ha!   All I need now is white go-go boots and a short plaid skirt.  

For those of you who have not gotten a haircut since before the virus, how are you styling your hair these days?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Re: Old Pink Plastic Hair Rollers

I think I am evolving into a MULLET!!

My chin length bob was tapered to be longer in the front has not ben cut since late Feb.

I have cut the sides and the bangs. I'm really considering cutting the back length myself. 

Respected Contributor

I don't know what I'm evolving into .. but it ain't pretty !!!!!!

Respected Contributor

This is so funny !  I got out my plastic green and pink rollers with the caps that fit over the roller to hold your hair in the roller (back from the sixties, seventies, eighties)  rolled my hair last night and slept in them because I planned to go to the store @ 6 am for the senior citizen hour and I didn't want to take time to use a curling iron. Woke up this morning, rollers going in all directions. Thank goodness my hair looked ok. I never let my hair get as long as it has, my BF said it looks like the eighties poof style !  Then he laughed !  I refuse to go back to a salon right now so I will keep my eighties doo !   He said he loves me anyway ! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

My angled, layered bob was last cut and colored the beginning of March.  I had her cut it shorter than  usual, so it is just now getting pretty unwieldy.  I bought hot rollers on Amazon...they help a lot.

My stylist called the other day...,I have an appointment on Monday.  Only getting a cut..,I am not minding the silvery grey coming in with the blonde, and am going to go awhile to see how I like it that way.  

Esteemed Contributor

Thankfully I never had the need for those rollers!  LOL  I've always had naturally curly hair.

I do remember my mom and my aunts using them though.  I wear my hair in a short pixie so I'm not having much of a problem.  The curls are tending to get a bit crazy but they help to hide the  gray roots!  Hair salon for me tomorrow, cannot wait Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've managed my pixie into a grown out short look. Our salons opened yesterday and I am going in tomorrow for my usual cut, color and highlight! Yippee!!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm just pulling mine back.  You ladies might appreciate some large clips on each side.  They have them on amazon.Smiley Happy

My rollers were 2 1/2 inch and they were purple!  Remember bonnet hair dryers!

Valued Contributor

I am off to the beauty shop this afternoon.  She said that she is the only one working, so she will keep the door closed and a note on it not to enter.  I can't wait to get this long hair cut into a decent style again and shorter.

Honored Contributor

My last haircut was at my hair dresser's house in maybe late March.  She cut it WAY too short so it's lasted longer than usual.  I called her two days ago for an appt.  SHE'S ON VACATION! Smiley Surprised  "Madison, you've been on vacation for two MONTHS!", I said. LOL  

I cut my bangs two days ago.  I've been cutting my own bangs between appts for YEARS.  In fact, I think I do a better job than my hair dresser...till this time Smiley Surprised  I don't no why I thought  had to watch YT videos on how to cut fringe bangs.  I could make my own video on how to cut fringe bangs.  I'll cut to the chase.  My bangs look like a 5 year old cut them and mind you, fringe bangs don't have to be perfect.  They're choppy and irregular anyway (sigh).