Respected Contributor
For swollen eyes. Get two wash clothes and fill with 3 ice cubes. Slightly dampen clothes and apply to eyes.
Can you name a Beauty Tip?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
If you have “static” in your hair, rub lightly over your hair with a dryer sheet.
Honored Contributor

Re: Old Beauty Tips

[ Edited ]

Old home remedies as a teenager:  put fresh lemon in my hair and sit in the sun to highlight....also sliced cucumber or lipton tea bags over the eyes to reduce puffiness (whatever existed at 15 years old).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Homemade suntan oil - add iodine to a bottle of baby oil.  Back in the day, before we knew any better, we applied this baked ourselves in the sun.   

Esteemed Contributor

Oh yah, used many bottles of baby oil and iodine in my youth! 

When applying lipstick:  put on one coat, blot with tissue, then apply 2nd coat.  Most lipsticks will last several hours (even thru lunch!) with this method.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Great topic!

Preparation H to shrink undereye bags

Powder for a dry shampoos 

Running razor over bar of soap for a smoother shave

lipstick for blush and vice versa

Twinkle blades for exfoliating and removing peach fuzz

Ice cubes to numb eyebrow area before tweezing

Honored Contributor

Does anyone remember how many threads there were recommending Monistat Chafing Gel as a foundation primer?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Does anyone remember how many threads there were recommending Monistat Chafing Gel as a foundation primer?

Yes! @just bee  I tried it and thought it worked really well until I started breaking out. Too bad because it worked just as good as that Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but a lot cheaper.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Yes! @just bee  I tried it and thought it worked really well until I started breaking out. Too bad because it worked just as good as that Smashbox Photo Finish Primer but a lot cheaper.

@SilleeMee and @just bee .....   I have been using it ever since I read about it on these boards.  Works well for me.  

Honored Contributor

Take two fresh cucumber slices and place on closed eyes.  Relax for about 5 to 10 minutes.  Reduces puffiness.

kindness is strength