Regular Contributor

@1Snickers Ditto the Lifebuoy comment.  My grandmother used that awful stuff.  We spent most summers with her in Charleston, WV.  Not one of my better memories of those years, LOL!  Forgot all about Camay, though.  Only second to Dove for me in those days. 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Aziza mascara. Heart

@Amypie

Your name caught my eye.  Have you seen Velvet Goldmine (1998)?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Maloyo wrote:

Loved Ultima II and back in the day Estee Lauder had a lipstick color called IIRC "burnt congac" that was made for me.  Seriously, random people used to comment on how great it looked ROFL.  I was so hurt when it was discontinued Woman Sad

@Maloyo

I hear ya!  I don't wear lipstick for two reasons:

1. It always migrates to my teeth.

2. I have the gift of consistently choosing the worst shade possible.

But there was a brief time in the '80s...

I found a tube of Almay's Barely Blush in a bargain bin at the drugstore and the color and texture were perfect.  I drove all over searching for additional tubes -- of course it was in the bargain bins because it was discontinued -- and I built quite the stash.

Such a great color.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I wore Coty Imprevu and my friend wore Coty Woodhue, we thought we were sophisticated. I also wore Estee Lauder Country Mist foundation on my perfect skin ( and I did not appreciate it, youth is lost on the young.) I liked EL Swiss performing extract moisturizer and used it for a long long time. I bought some this year and my allergies fought me on it-too fragrant for me now.

Pantene was sold in the drug stores, and I loved it so so much. long hair to my waist. I saved up my babysitting money to buy it. always a farrah fawcett s/c fan.

Esteemed Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I think I was about 15 years old when this blush came out. It changed color depending on your body chemistry. I LOVED that little stick!!

Image result for blush from the 70's that changed color

Another one I remember loving, Sweet Earth solid fragrances.

Image result for solid perfumes from the 70's

Had this one too, Indian Earth makeup. Anyone remember it?

Image result for indian earth minerals blush

Image result for indian earth minerals blush

I remember this being called Rubiglo. I still have one!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Old Beauty Brands

[ Edited ]

I used to use Seabreeze and a Buf Puf. Basically rubbing alcohol and sandpaper loofa rounds. I'm lucky I didn't need skin grafts!

Oh and hydrogen peroxide, neat, on a Q-tip on zits, which turned the skin edges white. Really cute.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I used to use Seabreeze and a Buf Puf. Basically rubbing alcohol and sandpaper loofa rounds. I'm lucky I didn't need skin grafts!

Oh and hydrogen peroxide, neat, on a Q-tip on zits, which turned the skin edges white. Really cute.

@Porcelain

Oh, I was much cuter.  I'd dot calamine lotion on my zits and had the trendy polka dot face.

Look on the bright side.  It built our character. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I fried my hair with Sun-In, a spray-on lightener that used the sun to work, and my mother was furious with me. I tried to right it by going to the hairdresser and getting a Wella heat cap treatment, but it didn't do much good. Just had to grow out.

@noodleann I used Sun-In too! I remember standing there with my hair dryer and a brush trying to get it to work faster. It actually worked well on me. Maybe because I got bored and my arms would start to tire so I never overdid it.

But I had to kick it up a notch. I got a kit. I knew that hair highlighter somehow magically highlighted your hair to made it look like the picture of the lady on the box. I knew the cap they provided looked stupid. And I knew what to do instead. I layered the concoction on thick all over the front of my head.

I turned out frizzled orange from the front and dark blonde in the back. lol Sound familiar?

@just bee: We must all have the finest characters around by now!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Can't forget Mary! I loved these.

Image result for mary quant makeup vintage

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I remember Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific....and it did.  I also used Max Factor’s Pan Stick...I think the original stick foundation. 

Yep, I used to have hair past my waist and when I used GYHST I very often got compliments how good I smelled. I loved that shampoo/conditioner.