Respected Contributor

Loved this brand!

Image result for yardley of london

Image result for yardley of london

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love Clairol Condition conditioner....in a tube and you would put it on for 5-10 mins or so...then rinse out.....made my hair and scalp feel great!!  Then it just disappeared!!

Also loved and wore R.H. Musk Oil ...Strawberry scent....smelled delicious...got so many compliments...then disappeared!!

My mom had a great complexion....and only used Noxema!

Remember Dippity Do hair setting lotion for curls, waves...

and i remember   Psssst   for dry shampoos!

and Clinique Color Rub liquid blush....have never found a blush a great as that one...!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Old Beauty Brands

[ Edited ]

I remember my mom using Dippity Do and I used it on my doll's hair.

Valued Contributor

I had some Sweet Earth.  I think it was the flowers...honeysuckle, hyacinth and I can't remember the third one.  I remember Yardley cosmetics, too.  According to my mother I was too young when those lipsticks came out (12 or 13) so I didn't get any.

Honored Contributor

Village

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Kissing Potion

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

How fun to remember these beauty products! Some items I remember were at my grandmother's house and some were at ours.

Lux soap

Camay soap

Breck shampoo

Cornhuskers lotion (for my grandfather's hands)

Evening in Paris perfume

Summer Blonde (to help lighten hair naturally in the sun)

Jade East, English Leather (men's fragrances)

Pond's cold cream, Noxema

Bonnet-type hair dryer my mom used

Yardley fragrance, soap, etc.

Toni, Lilt home perms

Wella balsam

Respected Contributor

Breck or Prell shampoo and dippy do with giant rollers that you slept on:smileyhappy

Honored Contributor

Sweet Earth

Sweet Earth

Sweet Earth

Sweet Earth

Sweet Earth

Trusted Contributor

I remember all these! There used to be a haircare line that came out in the 80's and the label/name was Egyptian inspired. I can't remember the name. Also (probably the 70's) a makeup company that had a lady bug on the packaging. "Chelsea" I seem to remember. They would advertise in the back pages of Seventeen magazine.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004