Trusted Contributor
Anyone have experience with this? Is it worth it?
Honored Contributor

Tried it. Didn't like it. Got mine at Sephora. 

Honored Contributor

It's worth it IF you have hair that has been damaged by chemical processing/heat.  It is NOT a conditioner, and Shawn's claim that it will fix dry hair is incorrect unless it is damaged dry hair.  It re-builds the di-sulfide bonds damaged by chemical processing.  Generally #1 & #2 (not in the kit) are used as part of the chemical process and I have been impressed with it when coloring my hair.  the No. 3 they are selling I wasn't particularly impressed with until they came out with the #0 that is used in conjunction with #3 and I found that to work much better.  I often use those about halfway between colorings.  I also perm, so you can imagine the damage my hair gets with the chemical processing.  I know someone else here uses both #1 & #2 while coloring and then #0 & #3 right afterwards and has good results, but that would just take up too much of my day to do that. 

As far as a price breakdown, check out my response to the post about it in the Today Special Value Forum.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have fine, thinning,p hair that's a little dull, and it makes my hair look lustrous and shiny again. My stylist introduced me to it, esp. the perfector, 3.

Regular Contributor

I just saw a whole set and OY--all that work.  No thanks.

Honored Contributor

I HATE....... having to spend so much time on the many steps for hair, skin, etc----I need a quick routine---and will not spend that much $$ just to try it. If there was a tiny try me kit, then maybe...but it's a big no for me.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I HATE....... having to spend so much time on the many steps for hair, skin, etc----I need a quick routine---and will not spend that much $$ just to try it. If there was a tiny try me kit, then maybe...but it's a big no for me.

@wagirl , look around on other sites for kits, especially as the holidays get closer.  Or you can just try the mini shampoo and conditioner for $28.00 total and see if you like them.

As an aside, I have no idea where QVC is getting the If Sold Separate price from.  The shampoo and conditioner are the mini sizes (3.3oz) and sell for $14.00 each just about everywhere, including the Olaplex site. The other 2 products sell for $28.00 each.  That is a total price of $84.00, not $112.00 Q is saying this would cost.  

ETA:  I just noticed #3 is a supersize at 8.5oz.  

Respected Contributor

I love Olaplex. Started using it when I experience breakage. You need such little product in the Shampoo & contitioner so it is worth the cost. I use a nickel size for my shoulder length hair & emusify it. I purchase mine from Sephora at the 8.5. 

My hair is med fine texture hair & it has stopped the breakage & will continue to use. You don't need to have a major issue with your hair to use it. I have not gone to my stylist yet but her salon uses Olaplex. I have no.3,4,5,6. I only use the no.3 once a month because I don't have damage but want to keep the results it has given me. NO. 6 is a leave in which only need a dime size. Its fantastic. I only use mid- to ends. @Renata22  Its worth it for me. I don't us the zero, (my stylist used 1&2 which they don't sell retail) 

Esteemed Contributor

Is it worth it? Unequivoally, the answer is "yes." I hate to say it--becuase it is pricey--but, in fact, it IS different from other products. It does make a difference in the health and look of your hair. The deal is terrific! This product NEVER goes on sale and it would cost MUCH more on Amazon - where I've purchased these products in the past. I ordered one today - even though I'm not out for these reasons. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl , look around on other sites for kits, especially as the holidays get closer.  Or you can just try the mini shampoo and conditioner for $28.00 total and see if you like them.

As an aside, I have no idea where QVC is getting the If Sold Separate price from.  The shampoo and conditioner are the mini sizes (3.3oz) and sell for $14.00 each just about everywhere, including the Olaplex site. The other 2 products sell for $28.00 each.  That is a total price of $84.00, not $112.00 Q is saying this would cost.  

@Lipstickdiva the normal size (3.3 oz) of #3 is $28.  The supersize 8.45 oz is $56.