Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner

I used both earlier today and my hair feels thick and healthy. My hair had been thinning and now it feels pretty great 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Olaplex Shampoo and Conditioner

@I am still oxox wrote:

I used both earlier today and my hair feels thick and healthy. My hair had been thinning and now it feels pretty great 

@I am still oxox    Yes, it's wonderful...expensive, but worth it. I also use Olaplex 3 Hair Perfector. I alternate the S&C with some of my others

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox @Shanus Thanks to you both for the review I have been interested in trying this product. 

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what the dynamics are but the salon I go to will do a OlaPlex treatment when you have your hair colored, and then you can get a lighter version to take home for upkeep.

I tried it for almost 6 months and it always made my hair feel like straw.  

Respected Contributor

Not everything is for everyone, obviously. I tried this brand and it dried my hair out. Had to return the products.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

I'm not sure what the dynamics are but the salon I go to will do a OlaPlex treatment when you have your hair colored, and then you can get a lighter version to take home for upkeep.

@Bhvbum that is how Olaplex started.  1 & 2 are for use together by your stylist.  It allows stylists to push bleach jobs further without damaging the hair but also has benefits for coloring which also is damaging.  It is not a conditioner and neither is the take-home version #3.  It rebuilds the bonds.  Then they came out with the shampoo and conditioner which I won't use because they contain silicones and I try to follow a Curly Girl method as far as products goes which means avoiding silicones, and drying alcohols in my products.  I managed to do that except for my addiction to hairspray.  

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Bhvbum that is how Olaplex started.  1 & 2 are for use together by your stylist.  It allows stylists to push bleach jobs further without damaging the hair but also has benefits for coloring which also is damaging.  It is not a conditioner and neither is the take-home version #3.  It rebuilds the bonds.  Then they came out with the shampoo and conditioner which I won't use because they contain silicones and I try to follow a Curly Girl method as far as products goes which means avoiding silicones, and drying alcohols in my products.  I managed to do that except for my addiction to hairspray.  

=========================================

I didn't want to get into all the things that I do now, LOL, but I follow the curly girl method too!  And believe it or not I never thought I had curly hair.  But now after at least four years I have been using the curly girl method and my hair has never looked better. 

For years I used WEN & then added the Olaplex, and finally just gave up on both of them. My hair continued to look dry and damaged.

That's when I started with the curly girl method and my hair has never looked better. Even my hairdresser of 20 years continues to say how great it looks now, and I continue with the color. I now use Shea Moisture or Deva Curl One Condition original and Cantu Curl Activator cream.  I do the whole routine and I don't even think about it.

When I originally responded to this I actually wanted to say going the curly girl method improve the condition of my hair so much better than Olaplex or WEN ever did!

Super Contributor

Now I'm tempted to try the shampoo and conditioner! I haven't had much luck with No3 but the No6 leave-in is hands down the best hair product I have ever used. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum   I kinda follow the CGM, as well. I had to give up some of CG idea. Some CG products are heavy, especially if use a leave in, gel, oils. My hair needs "shampoo". I try to use sulfate and silicone free products, but do need a monthly clarifying shampoo. The styling products do build up. I use the Olaplex system rotated in when it looks like my hair needs it. 

I'm also wearing my hair straight sometimes now...a CG no no, so need to blow dry w/ round brush. I will say that when I go back to a natural curly day, I have no issue with loss of curl pattern. I do deep condition twice a week. 

Respected Contributor

I have their shampoo and conditioner really like both for my thick, dry hair. The conditioner is thick so I store it upside in the shower. I have found that I don't need to use much of either.