Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried this?  (It's a leave in serum). It is now being sold at Ulta, and has good reviews, although limited.

Currently, I use olaplex 3 every couple weeks for my fine, dry hair.  It's okay, but I don't get same results I was hoping for. I probably won't repurchase given the high price and minimal benefit (on my hair).  

Thanks Ladies!

I

Super Contributor

I watched Abbey Yung's You Tube review of Olaplex #9 serum.  She said it did nothing for her [long, gorgeous] hair.  I've been on a mission to use all of my Olaplex products regularly:  #0 & #3 once a week and #8 once a week, mainly with the intention of using them up and not repurchasing. I have DRY, fine, thinning hair.  I do love the Shampoo #4 and the Conditioner #5 is "okay", the oil #6 is nice enough (Dry Bar 100 Proof is my preferred) and the Olaplex styling creme #7 does not impress me.  When I color at home I also use #1 and #2.  In my humble opinion, they have too many products in the line, none are spectacular and, yes, they are expensive!  (But I fell for 'em! 😞)

Lola
Esteemed Contributor

Olaplex 9 is a new serum. I just bought it at the beauty supply store yesterday. I tried it today after an Olaplex #3 treatment. I love for three the best, followed by the 4 in 1 hair mask, only sold to hairdressers. I don't care for the serum, it did nothing. I feel the same about the leave in cream. Nope, don't like that either. Some of the products are home runs, others miss the mark a little. 

Trusted Contributor

I fried over half of my hair off last September. I started using the whole line. I was doing 0+3 twice a week and have cut that back to a couple of times after I bleach my hair now. I love  4 & 5. I prefer the purple 5a since I am so blonde, but use the regular off and on. I put 6 & 7 in my hair after shampooing. I use 6 every other day and 7 everyday. I have the new one on my list for my next Ulta trip. My hair is so healthy and shiny. My stylist said she sees no gumminess or breakage in my hair and I bleach it hard every four weeks. My hair has never been so shiny, and I credit the Olaplex. I have thick, coarse hair that grows fast.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the serum but I purchased the oil and it did nothing -- I mean - nothing for my hair!  And I felt it was rather expensive.  I was told to get it for my frizz problem.  I might as well have sprayed water on my hair for all the good it did.  Hope the serum is better!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I've been using Olaplex 3, 6, and 7 for over four months.  My fine, naturally curly hair has never looked and felt better.  Plus, It doesn't get the insidious tiny gnarls in it that it used to after after washing.

I use No. 7, the oil, only if I plan to use the blow drying brush to straighten my hair.  That's the only heat tool I ever use, but I don't use it all the time.  When I do use it, I always apply no. 7 first.  It's great for protecting my hair against the direct heat.  It never weighs my hair downor makes it oily.  It leaves it light and soft and not that dry, whispy feel.

Then, I incorporated no.9, about a month ago, but I cannot say I notice any incremental benefit at all.

Just 3 weeks ago I switched my shampoo & conditioner to no. 4 & 5, and they are keepers!  The extra bounce and softness I get is fantastic.

So I may stop using no.9, at least I'll probably not purchase it again.  But my hair loves the others.   

Honored Contributor

@WhateverLolaWants wrote:

I watched Abbey Yung's You Tube review of Olaplex #9 serum.  She said it did nothing for her [long, gorgeous] hair.  I've been on a mission to use all of my Olaplex products regularly:  #0 & #3 once a week and #8 once a week, mainly with the intention of using them up and not repurchasing. I have DRY, fine, thinning hair.  I do love the Shampoo #4 and the Conditioner #5 is "okay", the oil #6 is nice enough (Dry Bar 100 Proof is my preferred) and the Olaplex styling creme #7 does not impress me.  When I color at home I also use #1 and #2.  In my humble opinion, they have too many products in the line, none are spectacular and, yes, they are expensive!  (But I fell for 'em! 😞)

@WhateverLolaWants    Another one here who was sucked in and finished everything months ago. My hair is in better shape without these products. I found the bond one drying...it's not a conditioner and since I don't have color, heat damage or split ends, I did not repurchase. Deep conditioning works better for me to keep moisture in my hair, not "bonding".

I'm thinking, like you, the products are a lot of hype and will not repurchase any of them.

Trusted Contributor

I am not familiar with people with dry hair but I have read about Olaplex causing breakage. One of the TikTokers I follow is blonde and her hair appears to be in good health and she was asking about hair breakage using the product a few months ago. She showed long strands that had broken off.  I am assuming it was too much protein? 

Trusted Contributor

I have used the 0 and 3 and my hair came out great.  I am just too lazy to use it more often.  I use the shampoo and conditioner but I do switch around with other products in my stash.  My nephew is a hairdresser and he tells me Olaplex is the best and to use it regularly.  He convinced his sister to use it on her long straight hair and her hair is beautiful.  Of course, she is in her early 20's so I'm sure that helps. 

The last time I did the conditioning with the 0 and 3 my friend asked if I had just had my hair done.  Got to get back into doing that regularly.  Will have to try the No. 9.

Respected Contributor

Let me say, olaplex No 9 is the bomb for my hair! I have dry, color treated naturally curly hair. I blow my hair straight and this stuff was AMAZING for me!! I have the other olaplex products but this one gave me silky results. Just an FYI for girls like me 😃