Respected Contributor

I have tried neither but wondered which is best for salt and pepper hair.  Mine is thin and has a bit of natural wave but also frizzes along the hairline.  I guess that what 68 year old hair does!  Been using WEN and Tweaked Rise and Shine but I always like to try new...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Olaplaex or Bumble & Bumble

I HAVE THE B&B TSV AND REALLY LIKE IT lovestoshop65.  HAIR IS VERY SOFT AND SHINY.  PURCHASED THE OLAPLAEX SHAMPOO & CONDITIONER TODAY.

GOT THE MINI SIZED FROM SEPHORA AND WILL TRY LATER ON.  IT IS ADVANCED ORDER, SO I SHOULD KNOW WHAT  I THINK TONIGHT.

STILL DECIDING ON THE TSV.

I THINK THEY BOTH WOULD WORK GREAT, BUT FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THE OP IS RICHER AND MORE HYDRATING.  YOU USE VERY LITTLE.

I DON'T THINK I WAS MUCH HELP,  BUT RATHER LETTING YOU KNOW WHAT I AM DOING.  I LIKE TO SWITCH UP SHAMPOO/COND.  

GOOD LUCK AND THINK YOU WILL BE HAPPY WITH EITHER.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Honored Contributor

It depends on what you need.  Olaplex is mostly aimed at treated hair.  It's patented claim is to rebuild damaged disulfide bonds in hair caused by chemical treatments. 

The TSV is specifically designed for that purpose.  If you're just in need of a good conditioner I think you would be disappointed.

They do have shampoos and conditioners in their line, but they all contain the special ingredient for repairing the bonds too, so I can't really say how good they are minus that ingredient.  

As far as damaged hair is concerned, I swear by it.  I have both permed and colored hair and the difference is amazing when I use 1 & 2 the first time I color after a perm.  But, 1 & 2 are supposed to be for professional use and aren't readily available to the public, although there are a couple of sites online that sell some professional products to the general public.  I also use the 0 & 3 (TSV), but not as often as they recommend.  

There are a couple of other lines out now that claim to do the same thing, but they can't use the patented ingredient, and I haven't seen any indication that they do any actual re-building of damaged hair.  However, they might be really good conditioners.  One I looked at appeared just to use silicones to do the job, and since I avoid those, and silicones do nothing to repair damaged hair, I don't use them.

For the frizz along the hairline, you could use a little of the Tweak'd Restore treatment oil.  I sometimes use a little of that as a finishing product when my hair is on the frizzy side.  But, when it gets really humid in summer, I turn to Ouidad Advanced Climate Control gel. 

Respected Contributor

What B& B product are you talking about? There are so many.  Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I HAD PURCHASED THE B&B TSV WHICH CAME WITH THE THICKENING SHAMPOO AND COND. AND THE INVS. OIL.

IT DOES WORK REALLY NICE.  NOT THE NORMAL DRYING THICKENING SHAMPOOS AND COND.

THEY DO HAVE ALOT OF PRODUCTS cindyNC!!

Honored Contributor

I'd suggest the Olaplex since your hair has wave and some frizziness like mine. Salt and pepper hair tends to get a little wirey and doesn't lay down as well to reflect light so this will give some control and shine. I really love their hair oil. Just a drop, rubbed into the palms and then smoothed into the hair makes in shiny and soft.  
Bumble and Bumble tends to make my hair bushy. 

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl   I think both have some excellent products but also some products that are not that good.  You may want to try a product to tame frizz especially with summer almost upon us.  I have salt & pepper but no frizz.  I do like to use a hydrating shampoo at least once a week.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before I went sulfate free, I used B and B Seaweed Shampoo and Conditioner.  I have fine, colored treated hair  that has a natural wave and those products were gentle.  I used them everyday when I was staying at the beach when my hair would be sweaty and sticky from being out the sun.  

Esteemed Contributor

JUST USED THE 'OP" SHAM/COND THAT I GOT TODAY FROM SEPHORA IN THE SMALL 3.3 SIZES.  I USED LESS THAN A DIME OF EACH AND I HAVE A CHIN LENGT BOB WITH BANGS.  MY HAIR CAME OUT LIKE I JUST LEFT THE SALON.  AMAZING!  NO NEED TO QUICKLY RUN A FLAT IRON THROUGH IT.  THE SHINE AND FEEL IS TERRIFIC.  THESE LITTLE BOTTLES WILL LAST ME AT LEAST 3 MONTHS, SO THE SET THEY HAVE ON TODAY WOULD PROBABLY LAST ME AT LEAST NINE MONTHS.  COULD NOT BE HAPPIER!!  ORDERED THEIR SMOOTHE AND OIL TOO, BUT PROBOALY DO NOT EVEN NEED IT.

HOPING THOSE WHO PURCHASED ANYTHING ARE HAPPY WHEN THEY RECEIVE IT.

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!

Valued Contributor

They are both good lines.  I have tried both. And I also love B&B Gentle Shampoo For frequent use.  For me with Olaplex (shampoo, conditioner and #3)  I was using it too frequently for my hair type (wavy, coarse, fine but dense) and my hair was getting flat and felt heavy. My hair stylist told me Olaplex has protein in it and i was getting protein overload so I cut back and use it when I need it on my grays.