Respected Contributor

Re: Okay we all know the "special water" facial sprays are all the rage.

I use Mario Badescu before applying my oils at night. I am currently using evian, because I had a big old can of it. I bought the Fix+ in Rose and Coconut, but haven't opened the coconut, yet. I like the Rose, and use it like another poster, for spritzing to keep my MU from looking powdery. I have dry skin, but still like a setting powder, esp in summer, so a spritz of this makes everything look and perform really great. HTH!
Trusted Contributor

I have 2:

1 is Caudlie grape water & the other by Algenist. They are meh. Not sure I'd repurchase either.

Trusted Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I don't think using a spray is going to hurt anyone who uses it occasionally in warm weather no matter what Ms Paula says.  As I said I don't buy them anymore, but I use them occasionally.  So refreshing!

I think distilled or pure water with a pinch of pure aloe would do the same thing. .  Maybe put a mint leaf in the spray bottle for aroma.  I know mint can be an irritant, but I think if you just let a peppermint leaf, mint leaf, or rose petals sit in the water for a bit, it wouldn't hurt for a warm weather refresher. You cn buy pure rose water, it is expensive...but not as expensive as the water Spritzs

If a person was going to use these as a regular routine, I would definitely watch the ingredients, or make your own.  I would refrain from using essential oils for aroma.

I guess this is directed at my post. Let me clarify:

1) I was merely providing one review of one product by the experts at Paula's Choice/Beautypedia (not Paula Begoun). I am sure there are other reviews;

2) My point (and this is purely my opinion based on my experience and a little common sense), using water on skin in the sun/heat will dry out the skin because that is what water does. But then again, people should use SPF regularly during the day on their skin;

3) Add known irritants to water and this will aggravate the issue; 

4) Water mixed with other beneficial and hydrating ingredients is better, and

5) And I agree that occasional use will cause no to little harm. The problem is that many people will use it more than just occasionally if they believe it will actually hydrate their skin (for #2 and #3, above)

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

i will say I like the smell of the caudlie though

Trusted Contributor

Fun topic! I love Pangea Organic's Facial spray toners which can be used as toners or refreshers at any time of the day. I have the Argentinean Tangerine and Thyme version as well as the Italian Green Mandarin with Sweet Lime. There is also a French Rosemary with Sweet Orange variety that I have used in the past. I love all three varieties!! http://www.pangeaorganics.com/guest/skincare#spylink-66