Respected Contributor

Okay, I’ve never heard them say this.......

I’m watching the IT cosmetics show and the IT rep says, “We work with Plastic surgeons to make sure these colors work for everyone.”  I actually chuckled cause that’s the first I’ve heard that line about the plastic surgeons helping to pick the eyeshadow colors in the Naturally Pretty palette. Really?? Good grief! 🤓🤣🤣

Now, if you want a good bronzer I do recommend the IT Bronzer that is the ODO. I have it and love it! It’s a good color for me and of course the brush is good. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Okay, I’ve never heard them say this.......

Sounds like she (vendor) got her rehearsed lines a little mixed up.  Everything - every word is memorized.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Sounds like she (vendor) got her rehearsed lines a little mixed up.  Everything - every word is memorized.

and each rep. says the exact same wording.
Esteemed Contributor

They say anything to sell an item. The other night the host said “You don’t want to wear a stick or liquid foundation in spring or summer” while presenting IT celebration foundation.  Twenty minutes later she was presenting Josie’s Vibrancy foundation, saying it’s all she uses lol.

Respected Contributor

Some of the hosts just say the craziest things. I know it's their job to sell products, but I've totally gotten to the point to where I don't believe a word they say. Because of that, I can't remember the last time I ordered anything from QVC. I used to order all the time, beauty, jewelry, household items. Not anymore. I feel like the whole business has definitely changed for the worse. 

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure this line ever had much credibility, but this does seem like they jumped the shark.

Respected Contributor

If a true anti aging miracle in a jar or bottle is ever discovered it will be very, very expensive. Just like the laser treatments and surgical procedures are.

Retin-A has a following but I have roscaea and my derm says no.

Respected Contributor

I feel sorry for their loved ones at home who probably had to listen to them "present/practice" their blah blah message over and over again to get it just right for their big time presentation on Q. Yup...I hear the exact same words over and over and I'm SO gone.

Honored Contributor

For a long time now, I have heard the IT Cosmetic reps say that they work with plastic surgeons on their products. Jamie used to say that all the time.

So one time they were allowing people to ask questions on a special thread on QVC. They said a rep would respond. Many people were posting questions and getting answers from an IT Cosmetic person.

I asked: "What EXACTLY are the plastic surgeons doing when they "work" with you?" The answer was (paraphrasing): "They help with our line of products." Which was no answer.

So I asked again, adding that plastic surgeons do the cutting, rearranging, tightening, etc. of the skin, but unless they are doing laser work, that does not address the care of the skin or skin products you are selling. So, what exactly do they do when they "work" with you?

Never got a response on that thread from the IT Cosmetic rep. I thought they might say that the plastic surgeons consult on their line, but even that was not said.

I still don't know what the plastic surgeons have to do with the ongoing care of one's skin.

Honored Contributor

"She and her husband, Paulo Lima, consulted with plastic surgeons in Brazil, his native country, on formulas for makeup pumped with skin-care ingredients. "

Source: https://www.thecut.com/2016/12/it-cosmetics-loreal-jamie-kern-lima.html

So once upon a time when starting the line, she and her husband consulted with some Brazilian plastic surgeons. They never say anything substantive, or more current, beyond that. So my guess would be that this origin story is still the source of all the statements about plastic surgeons. Like the Arrrrrrrrrrrgan oil lady who looked 40 story

We all know a plastic surgeon doesn't have special professional knowledge about eyeshadow shades. I doubt IT cosmetics wasted their time asking. And if they did, the answer would be just as subjective and personal as asking a dentist or a zookeeper.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr