Respected Contributor

Okay, I Received The New Lilac Threesome

The one that had the 16oz. and the small oil and the small spritzer. I already have a 32oz. cleansing conditioner in Lilac but is still unopened. Anyway, I opened the spritzer and spritzed my hair (dry) and raked it in but I'm kind of disappointed. One reviewer said the word I was looking for....it smells "powder" more than lilacs. Actually, when it comes to "purple" I like the Lavender scent much better. I just really don't care for the scent. To me, it's akin to where I'm sitting in my favorite restaurant and in comes people with strong, cheap perfume that choke me. Now, the cleansing conditioner may be different. Well, smell is a very objective thing in that everyone likes something different. I think the elderly population would like this more than the young ones. I just get this picture in my head every time I smell it like this older person with a dress on with all those little flowers on it. Please, I don't mean to offend anyone. Chaz, on his face book site, showed some photos of a girl with silver/grey hair and said it is the trend and some called it ugly. Now, my hair is turning and is 90% approx. platinum and It hurt. I do miss my brown hair but I don't want the commitment of coloring anymore and I'm not in my youth but still decently preserved. Anyway, maybe I'll grow to like it more. I'm not sending it back but I probably won't order this scent again. I believe it's a real hit though. I still love Chaz and my Wen. Some have said this too. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

Honored Contributor

Re: Okay, I Received The New Lilac Threesome

I think it is just like almost all the other scents (with some exceptions like FAS and even TT that have are more "controversial", lol)- there are some that really love it and some that don't. I am happy for those that love it but it was sadly not for me, mainly for the performance. I did not try the oil or mist though, just the CC. I can see where the powder comments come from.

Super Contributor

I agree, the scent also reminds me of little old lady perfume, I have lilac bushes and I am not smelling true lilac, the scent is like flower perfume. My husband says it reminds him of lilac air freshener. I only ordered a small bottle, thought if I liked the scent I would go for oil and mist, but alas this scent is really not my idea of great. Did not even bother testing it out for four days for results, I am gifting the bottle to my one sister who can use the seasonals and who said she would like little old lady perfume scented wen. LOL
Esteemed Contributor

I did not like this scent either. I mean - really did not like it. Maybe it was partially, because I put too much expectation on being finally able to dive into old childhood memories of blooming lilac bushes, and partially because the many reviews I've read stated just that - it smelled like real lilacs.

So, when I got this CC, I could not make myself to image anything close to lilac scent anywhere there. Though, I did dive into childhood memory alright, but instead of lilacs, I smelled my grandmas' old cheap powder box.

Performance-wise, I don't know. I was not much impressed with the results for me, but I only washed with it once. The second time I mixed it with 613, combined smell was better, and cleansing produced better result.

Regular Contributor

It's so true that opinions on how this & other CCs smell are purely subjective. I really like this one. I smell 80% Lilacs with an undertone of baby powder- not cheap smelling to me at all. But I also like the smell of MIF, where many do not.

I'm finding that the 2 new releases are drying the heck out of my hair ( curly/frizzy, shoulder length ). I'm finding that I should stick with the core Fig/ TT and then add on from there.

Respected Contributor

Funny how different our perceptions are. I am really scent sensitive (can't use anything stronger than Amazing Grace or Bobbie Brown's Beach) and I don't find the lilac scent to be overpowering at all. I am currently using SHL and SOB along with my cores and I'm enjoying both. I'll admit a preference for Spring Orange Blossom -- scent, texture and performance -- but the lilac is also a treat.

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 sjk73 said:

The one that had the 16oz. and the small oil and the small spritzer. I already have a 32oz. cleansing conditioner in Lilac but is still unopened. Anyway, I opened the spritzer and spritzed my hair (dry) and raked it in but I'm kind of disappointed. One reviewer said the word I was looking for....it smells "powder" more than lilacs. Actually, when it comes to "purple" I like the Lavender scent much better. I just really don't care for the scent. To me, it's akin to where I'm sitting in my favorite restaurant and in comes people with strong, cheap perfume that choke me. Now, the cleansing conditioner may be different. Well, smell is a very objective thing in that everyone likes something different. I think the elderly population would like this more than the young ones. I just get this picture in my head every time I smell it like this older person with a dress on with all those little flowers on it. Please, I don't mean to offend anyone. Chaz, on his face book site, showed some photos of a girl with silver/grey hair and said it is the trend and some called it ugly. Now, my hair is turning and is 90% approx. platinum and It hurt. I do miss my brown hair but I don't want the commitment of coloring anymore and I'm not in my youth but still decently preserved. Anyway, maybe I'll grow to like it more. I'm not sending it back but I probably won't order this scent again. I believe it's a real hit though. I still love Chaz and my Wen. Some have said this too. Just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

I know many women (and men) with beautiful silver/gray hair! I'm in the process of growing out highlights now, and if my hair looks good un-colored it will stay that way. As long as we are happy with what WE see in the mirror, who cares what others think?

Oh, and the SHL is not my favorite scent ever, either. It's OK, smells mostly just clean/fresh to me, but I do like the performance. Don't think I'll buy anymore, though, as there are others that work just as well, and smell better to me.