Respected Contributor

Ok, what am i supposed to be seeing??

I got the tatcha rice powder about 2 weeks ago and have been using it after I wash my face with my peter thomas roth acne cleanser on a clarisonic. Now my face is already soft after cleansing but this stuff was supposed to really change your complexion. But I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be seeing. If any of you have seen a difference, what is it? I'm thinking of returning it. Way too expensive not to be wowed Smiley Wink
Super Contributor

Re: Ok, what am i supposed to be seeing??

I didn't know that the rice powder on its own was supposed to make that much of a difference? I use it after I use the Tatcha oil.

Some here use it in the morning as their morning cleanser -- hopefully they'll weigh in.

ETA: Oh, okay -- I see on Tatcha's site it's called a "gentle exfoliant" -- exfoliates without harsh grains. Maybe that's it and why people love it -- it's an exfoliant that doesn't trash their skin?

What were you hoping/expecting to see?

Honored Contributor

On 8/13/2014 MarenSeattle said:

I didn't know that the rice powder on its own was supposed to make that much of a difference? I use it after I use the Tatcha oil.

Some here use it in the morning as their morning cleanser -- hopefully they'll weigh in.

ETA: Oh, okay -- I see on Tatcha's site it's called a "gentle exfoliant" -- exfoliates without harsh grains. Maybe that's it and why people love it -- it's an exfoliant that doesn't trash their skin?

What were you hoping/expecting to see?

I'm no user of Tacha, but I have used rice powder cleansers in the past and loved them. I always used them in the morning on my bare face. They did make it softer and silky feeling.

If I were you I would try to use it by itself in the a.m. without using any other product before it. Then see if you like it. I think maybe you're having trouble seeing the difference it makes because the PTR you're using is already doing the job for you! Smile

Contributor

I use a rice powder exfoliant from Dermalogica. I use it on the days that I don't use the Clarisonic. I don't think it would do much in addition to the Clarisonic. JMO.

Ellie

Super Contributor

My face is already exfoilated, so I wouldn't expect to see or feel much difference. Around 3 yrs ago my skin was rough, bumpy, dry, oily and leathery feeling. Yes, all of those. Now it feels as soft as a babies behind. Smile You can't remove something that isn't there, you may end up with raw red skin. Be there, done that.

Honored Contributor

My question to you would be- why did you purchase it in the first place? What were you hoping it would accomplish? Most of us buy a product because we need that particular product to address an issue we have. It is a mild exfoliator so I would expect someone who purchased this wanting/needing exfoliation that they weren't already getting in another product. For example I use a BHA and I use a muslin cloth for washing my face. For me, that is plenty of exfoliation for my skin, I don't need any more exfoliating since it leaves my skin soft and smooth.

Respected Contributor

I've been using it off and on for a month or two now. My skin just looks better. It's less red and irritated looking, smoother, and it looks more even toned and bright. It just looks like nice skin.

Super Contributor

The clarisonic exfoliates the skin, so you may not be needing another exfoliator.