Frequent Contributor

Re: Ok, I'm going to say it...Please QVC...

On 11/23/2014 Ludog said:

What a great idea! Get rid of the calls. My grandmother, used to shop on the southern channel by the truckoads. She always would call in and talk to the hosts. So much so, that they knew her by name, Shoppin Charmain from Sherman Oaks! Geez.

WOW!! She must have been their MVP! (Most Valuable Purchaser!) {#emotions_dlg.laugh} This made me chuckle!

Frequent Contributor

Absolutely she was. And when she passed a few years ago, we got to clean it all out!! Yahoo.

Honored Contributor

While the calls are usually positive, they are not always. I've heard some whoppers. One recently was a woman who called in during a presentation of a Serta mattress. Oh, my, but no, she was not a satisfied customer. I actually felt sorry for the vendor.

And btw, during the years I've been posting here, I've read countless first-hand accounts from those who have talked on air, and they all have said that they were not screened with regard to what they were going to say.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

On 11/22/2014 BlackLabLover said:

Do away with the customer live testimonials...seriously, they are cringe-worthy. Every time I hear a caller call in, I immediately mute the conversation. They are so not necessary. I have not once been tempted by a caller's testimonial. I've been a shopper with QVC for 20+ years. It seems like more and more callers are stumbling over their words, there is dead air, or they simply make the host seem quite uncomfortable.

It is so awkward at times to listen to these callers. Just my opinion of course. But had to say something.

^^ This. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

On 11/22/2014 BlackLabLover said:

Do away with the customer live testimonials...seriously, they are cringe-worthy. Every time I hear a caller call in, I immediately mute the conversation. They are so not necessary. I have not once been tempted by a caller's testimonial. I've been a shopper with QVC for 20+ years. It seems like more and more callers are stumbling over their words, there is dead air, or they simply make the host seem quite uncomfortable.

It is so awkward at times to listen to these callers. Just my opinion of course. But had to say something.

And it seems that the ones calling in sound like crazy old ladies lol

Contributor

You're so welcome, Blacklablover9!! Petee was a great dog and I'm sure you will be together again one day Smiley Happy Looking forward to new videos and have a great holiday season!!
Frequent Contributor

On 11/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

While the calls are usually positive, they are not always. I've heard some whoppers. One recently was a woman who called in during a presentation of a Serta mattress. Oh, my, but no, she was not a satisfied customer. I actually felt sorry for the vendor.

And btw, during the years I've been posting here, I've read countless first-hand accounts from those who have talked on air, and they all have said that they were not screened with regard to what they were going to say.

Oh wow! Actually the only naughty thing I ever heard was when Rick was on with a vendor selling some type of TV and they asked the caller what will he be watching on it and the guy said p*rn. Talk about dead silence...I think Rick followed up with a "good for you, thanks for calling"...

Frequent Contributor

On 11/23/2014 summerspast said: You're so welcome, Blacklablover9!! Petee was a great dog and I'm sure you will be together again one day Smiley Happy Looking forward to new videos and have a great holiday season!!

Thank you! Same to you!! Kiss

Super Contributor

Wow, I actually thought I was the only one. Me too! I remember when HSN didn't have live callers and it was NICE!!!

QVC and HSN need to try this and see the positive results. I'd much rather read reviews and posts in the forums about a product. Good or bad.

Super Contributor

So true... have to say, I am NOT a fan of those calls...I feel so bad for every "I am 70 but I look 35...everyone says so..." call, or those that talk about a tragedy or illness they have endured...and then there are those who become so tongue-tied they can barely speak...

I guess they have to fill up the time somehow...but...