Occasional Contributor
I see him on there now. I didn't know he was not with Ojon any more. His new product is called Tweak-d. Interesting.
Frequent Contributor
That IS interesting. I wonder if he sold out, made a bundle, and now is working on his new fortune with this new stuff. Good luck to him.
Esteemed Contributor

Ojon was sold to Estee Lauder- so yes, I'm sure he did make a bundle!!!

Frequent Contributor
So, Estee Lauder eh. I'm sure Ojon is heavily fragranced by now then. I used to work with a "person" that wore Youth Dew everyday for the 30 years I worked with her. Ick.....that was so awful.
Trusted Contributor

Dennis sold Ojon some years ago now and introduced his new line, Tweaked, last spring I believe it was. There are some threads on it here as quite a few ladies ordered Tweaked and many liked this new line. It sold out very quickly when he first aired it. I'd like to try the voluminizing one as I think that will work well with my hair.

I give Dennis kudos for trying to continue to work with his sources in SA. He obviously has a talent for hair products and I see nothing wrong with his sale of Ojon or starting up a new product line. There was quite a discussion about it when he first brought Tweaked to HSN which I am sure you can find in a search here on the BB.

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 wackers said:

Dennis sold Ojon some years ago now and introduced his new line, Tweaked, last spring I believe it was. There are some threads on it here as quite a few ladies ordered Tweaked and many liked this new line. It sold out very quickly when he first aired it. I'd like to try the voluminizing one as I think that will work well with my hair.

I give Dennis kudos for trying to continue to work with his sources in SA. He obviously has a talent for hair products and I see nothing wrong with his sale of Ojon or starting up a new product line. There was quite a discussion about it when he first brought Tweaked to HSN which I am sure you can find in a search here on the BB.

I believe the line was sold because he and his wife divorced. The secret to the Ojon formula reportedly came from the wife's grandmother. So, when the couple split , the company was sold and the proceeds were split between them.

Esteemed Contributor

The divorce was possibly part of the reason, I'm sure lots of $$ from Estee Lauder was the main factor though! Estee Lauder bought Ojon in 2007 (Denis was still the President though), and the divorce was in 2008.

I remember EL tweaking the products so much then, it wasn't the same Ojon at all. Ironic he calls his new product line Tweak-d!

Super Contributor
On 11/19/2014 ibb38 said:

The divorce was possibly part of the reason, I'm sure lots of $$ from Estee Lauder was the main factor though! Estee Lauder bought Ojon in 2007 (Denis was still the President though), and the divorce was in 2008.

I remember EL tweaking the products so much then, it wasn't the same Ojon at all. Ironic he calls his new product line Tweak-d!

IMO, the year of the divorce is irrelevant. Some people separate,but don't finalize the divorce until much later. I agree that big money can grease the wheels...As I recall, trouble may have been afoot for the couple for quite some time. Silvana stopped coming to QVC long before the line disappeared. Denis handled the shows alone to the end.