Honored Contributor

Hi all, this happenes every Winter, my face gets drier but manageable and my forehead is like sandpaper.

I am kind of my wits end what to do with it, any brilliant suggestions.

I use a mild face wash and no retional products on my forehead

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oily Skin, Dry forehead

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Hi all, this happenes every Winter, my face gets drier but manageable and my forehead is like sandpaper.

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox My forehead gets exceptionally dry too in the winter. I have a really good stiff spoolie, ya know those spoolies that are on the end of a lot of eyebrow pencils? Except it's just a spoolie with a cap. Anyhow, in the morning I bend over the sink, lift my bangs up and brush all over my forehead with it. It looks like snow falling. I often brush right down into my eyebrows (what I have left of them) too. Even there I dry out. I can tell because when I use my eyebrow pencil to fill in that even looks flaky. So I give them a good brushing too then wipe my forehead and brows off with a wet wash cloth to get rid of any loose flakiness that didn't fall off and then put moisturizer on them before I can proceed with the pencil. Also, I saved a used up Rimmel eyebrow pencil that has a cap with a small one row pretty stiff brush instead of a spoolie, that works too. I guess you could say I'm exfoliating with that spoolie.

The moisturizer I then use on my forehead and eyebrows is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream from QVC because it soaks in fast and doesn't leave you greasy.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox,

Studio 35 Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream

Walgreens Studio 35 Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream.  Mild exfoliant, 7.8% glycolic acid, non-greasy, great for oily skin, just don't slather it on.  Use it for a while and you will be thrilled at how soft and smooth your skin feels.  I prefer this cream to the Alpha Hydrox line which I think is too greasy for those with oily skin.