Trusted Contributor

Re: Oily / Aging skin - anyone use Josie Maran's products?

I am 65 and my skin is as oily as it was when I was a teenager.  Ugg!  I did buy one of Josie's TSV's that had the body butter and argan oil.  The body butter was very nice (only my skin from the neck up is oily), but I would never use the argan oil on my face.  Haven't really used much of it yet so may use it for my nails and cuticles.

I cannot imagine using her current TSV on my face.  It would be a greasy mess for sure but probably would be very nice for those with dry skin.

Respected Contributor

I have never been able to use these oils on my face....hers or other types either.  Squalane for example for get it...breaks me out.  And putting anything that oily on my face would really mess up foundation application IMO....just doesn't work for my skin.  I have rosacea and am very prone to acne and oily skin....I think the TSV is a good deal price wise is you can actually use the products.  I have purchased really good oils from ebay and mix them in my body lotion or body wash for more hydration during the winter.  

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl  I do not have oily skin, but normal to dry....I have used Josie's products for years & love them all...I only use the oil at night tho on top of the face butter...Her milk product is wonderful. I am a "Grammy" and my skin wonderful.

If you have oily skin I would then maybe only use the oil on your face at night..

(her face butter is a seperate product not in this kit)...

Trusted Contributor

I love JM products. My skin is dry & dehydrated. I love her argan oil but there are probably others that are comparable. Her body butter is wonderful. I love it in unscented. My all time favorite is Milk. I love to use it under my foundation. I I love her facial cleanser & scrub as well. I have her Honey Drip and like it. With that said I like the moisturization her products give. I can't say they replace in any way any anti-aging serums for me.   None of them have made my skin break out. The only thing I do not like is the Daily Moisturizer with SPF. It is too thick in my opinion however I bought it and I use it especially on a very sunny day when I will be outside. I wash it off as soon as I come in. It's just too white & thick for me but others may like it. That is the only product I have bought and do not like. I would definitely get the TSV but I am not buying anything for awhile.  Almost forgot. I love her tanning oil. It smells nice and is not too tacky. it sinks right in and gives a very nice color very quickly. 

Respected Contributor

I have 56 year old/combo/oily/easily dehydrated skin that breaks out from every other dang thing.

I use the Argan Milk for light hydration. I don't know that it is anti aging, but it doesn't break me out. I use it nightly & I do use it in the winter under my foundation sometimes.

I don't find argan oil very moisturizing, but it is very soothing to my skin if it is irritated or broken out & I use it as a makeup remover. I love JM Brand Argan Oil, but I do buy Shea Moisture or Pura d'Or Argan Oil because I go through it fairly quickly.

Honored Contributor

I'm in my 60's with normal skin and the Argan oil broke me out, I used it up as a bath oil and liked it, but would not buy it again.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to like the skincare products but the Argan Milk actually irritated my cheeks and the Argan Oil gave me a couple of spots of milia near my eyes.  The body butters are OK, but too expensive, IMO.  I have used her matchmaker foundation on occasion.

Regular Contributor

Peter Thomas Roth tests on animals.

Contributor

I'm 66 and still have fairly oily skin.  I have used Josie's Argon Oil for years.  I can't wait to receive the Today's Special Value.  Over the years, I have found that applying her Argon Oil directly to my face has actually helped to control my oily complexion.  It's the best skin care product I have ever used.

Esteemed Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@Funloving  THANK YOU!!!  Right now I'm keeping it super simple, I use NCN Retinol at night followed by NCN All in One Product.  I have the Elemis Marine Collagen cream that I use in place of the All in One a few nights a week, I have gotten lazy with my skin care and really need to ramp it back up a notch!!  Smiley Wink  Thanks for your input, truly apprecaite it!

@SandGirl

If you are oily, consider using just the retinol at night, nothing else on top. The retinol should help to ease your skin more into balance.