Respected Contributor

Oil Free light coverage foundation recommendations

Hi there - I have those pesky enlarged oil glands on my cheek and chin and was using the IT foundation but over time I have realized it was just making those worse, i have them somewhat looking better now since using just Bareminerals however, I would really like a liquid just to give me that overall eveness. 

Do you have a fav. oil free foundation you would recommend?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Oil Free light coverage foundation recommendations

@SandGirl  You might want to try Serious Skin Care Glycolic Cleanser and/or Consult Beaute Beaute Detox Activated Charcoal Cleansing Cloths for this issue.  

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem and it seems all liquids find my wrinkles and pores, sit in them and draw attention to them and clog pores.  I have been looking for that foundation that I love and not found it yet.  I hope someone reponds that has found it.  

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Hi there - I have those pesky enlarged oil glands on my cheek and chin and was using the IT foundation but over time I have realized it was just making those worse, i have them somewhat looking better now since using just Bareminerals however, I would really like a liquid just to give me that overall eveness. 

Thank you!

@SandGirl   Have you tried an oil mattifying primer before foundations? Many times it makes the pores looks smaller and the more oily areas stay matte. Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation is a good matte one to try. Also try BB Creams which are usually for more oily skins. I’m not familiar w/ any drugstore brands, but find the shades so difficult to match there. Going to a dept. store and checking out different lines is the best way to check what’s available. 

Respected Contributor

I absolutely LOVE Lancomes Regenerist foundation.  Very natural looking and makes my skin look beautiful.   Super easy to apply, blends so effortlessly.   I wear the lightest Cool Ivory shade.  Teeny bit goes a long way, so it lasts me about 1 year at least, but I dont wear it every day.

Honored Contributor

Estee Lauder Light Double Wear foundation would be my choice. The regular Double Wear is too opaque and only if you need a lot of coverage. If you can find your color, it wears well and is perfect for oily skin. I have been wearing it for years and it give my skin a flawless appearance. It does not stick in pores nor does it enhance any slight lines on the face.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl  UD's Naked Skin foundation is light, oil-free and truly miminizes the look of pores.  A definite one to try and consider.  Great array of shades too!

I can also recommend you try Born This Way foundation, oil free and lightweight as well.  I've never actually tried  this one but they tout this one does the same with regard to be minimizing pores.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandGirl   My recommendation is No 7 Beautifully Matte (a velvety matte), oil free, SPF 15, pores appear minimized, medium to full coverage for $17.99 at Target.  Walgreens also carries.  No 7 is a United Kingdom company and their products are made in Franice.  I use their tinted moisturizer and love it.  If you don't love, you can return it.  If you want a lighter coverage use a damp beauty sponge when applying.  If you want to spend more money look at Chanel.

No7 Beautifully Matte Foundation SPF 15 - Medium Shades - 1oz

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

Thank you!

@SandGirl   It’s not actually a foundation per se, but I’m really liking L’Oréal Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream lately.  It’s water based and has a thin lotion type consistency, starts out white but the pigment beads adjusts to color match your coloring.  When purchasing, you select a general range - fair, light, medium, or deep.  it can be worn alone or you can add a powder over it.  It’s inexpensive and can be found in drugstores, big box super store, Amazon, etc.   

Honored Contributor

@fitfuninformedUrban Decay just released a new liquid foundation called Stay Naked. I think it differs from the one you mentioned because it takes into account one’s undertones. Ulta has it as well as the Urban Decay website. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼