Trusted Contributor

Hello Friends,

I have decided to make the leap from my "long used" pressed powder mineral foundation to a liquid foundation. I think the mineral is beginning to make me look too "powdered" and old.

I must have an oil-free foundation. Even though I am 56 years old, I have combinatiion skin and the areas that are oily are really oily. I looked at 2; Clinique and Pur Minerals new liquid foundation.

If I could get some opinions from you who have used an oil-free liquid, I would be most appreciative. Thanks and have a GREAT day!

Honored Contributor

Re: Oil-Free Liquid Foundation

Have you thought about trying a BB or CC cream?

Super Contributor

Can I recommend you try Clinique BB Cream?

I still do use BE Loose Original as my foundation (I am 48 with oily skin) so I do understand about how it can sometimes settle. I switched primers, and it works great for me again.

But..as for liquid the one thing I am enjoying is Clinique's BB cream. For me it does not settle into fine lines,gives my skin a more "even" look, warmed between my fingers it goes on beautifully, and once on does not feel like I have anything on my skin, which I love! The finish is not matte or dewey...just right.

Stop by the Clinique counter and have them color match you and get a sample, I think you may really enjoy it!

Good Luck,

Janie

Respected Contributor

I am bumping this up because I am in same boat. Been using Ready and would like a better look. I have combination/oily skin and finding something that does not add to the grease is hard.

I have the Tarte tinted primer that acts like a foundation but it like all Tarte foundations seem to puddle in the wrinkles. The oil seems to melt it. I like the Estee lauder doublewear lite but Estee foundations have a pink tone and does not work on my skin color which is more yellow. I tried several Lancôme foundations and were not impressed.

I just purchased the Bobbi Brown stick foundation and like it but it has no SPF so now I have to have something under it that does. Also not sure how it will do in warm weather.

I have tried a lot of mineral foundations and not found anyone better than ready.

Frequent Contributor

I'm liking GloMinerals liquid again (satin finish). Foundation is my biggest challenge...I like something for a short time than it changes...oxidizes, settles, etc. Ugh. Good luck!
Valued Contributor

I have recently started using Lorac's POREfection foundation and I love it. It's oil free, gives med/full coverage but feels light on your skin, blends easily and also has an spf. The finish is not matte but not dewy, more of a satin finish which I really like. I ordered it from QVC or HSN, can't remember.

Valued Contributor

Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation or Revlon Colorstay

Regular Contributor

I use BE loose original foundation and for the record ... I always go back to BE! But I do like to try a new foundations from time-to-time. I have tried Trish McEvoy's BB cream and I really like the finish; however, it breaks me out every time I wear it. I have also tried Clinique's Even Better liquid foundation and it has a beautiful finish; doesn't break me out. Lastly, someone on this board recommended Urban Decay's Naked Skin liquid foundation. Wow, great color match. It is very "liquidy" compared to the previous 2 suggestions. I'm not a fan of chemical sunscreens but the TM BB and Clinique's EB both have them; the UB has no sunscreen. None of the mentioned foundations have parabens. HTH

Trusted Contributor

I tried a BB cream and did not get enough coverage from it. Does a CC cream offer more coverage? Are they available in oil-free?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

I am a lover of Clinique, however, their BB and CC cream didn't work for me. I have very oily skin and I recently discovered Revlon Colorstay makeup for oily skin. LOVE IT. Try it you might like it.