Honored Contributor

Re: Oh, no! Don’t do it Tom 😣

@Chi-town girl  Wasn't Estee lauder in Chapter 11? I could swear someone brought that up here.

The article states  they had a 26% loss  so why would they spend 3 Billion dollars to acquire another company? I think they need a new COO.

Thanks for posting...interesting.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus , Maybe they keep buying highly popular brands thinking it will help their bottom line, but then they cheapen them thinking the customer won't notice and will just keep blindly buying.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shanus , Maybe they keep buying highly popular brands thinking it will help their bottom line, but then they cheapen them thinking the customer won't notice and will just keep blindly buying.  

@Icegoddess   I agree, but having worn BB for many decades, I know the products are being priced way too high fnow or what they are. I think Mr. Lauder is causing BB customers to look elsewhere for similar items at a better price. Many moisturizers in smaller jars are now over $100!

BB never was and not intended to be a luxury brand, but is now priced as such.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I've never worn BB, but from what I've heard they have strayed from their basic less is more style.  EL expanded them into more colorful items, probably in an attempt to attract more customers.  But, that is also a different customer.  So, by changing their focus and advocating for more is more they have driven away their core customer while not attracting the more adventurous makeup customer.  Sounds like they have also gotten greedy and priced themselves out of the market.  Just my opinion.

I never even thought about BB for skincare products.

Trusted Contributor

I thought EL already owned TF. 🤔 Guess not. They will, though....money talks.
"Coming to ya from Florida"
Honored Contributor

I never heard of Tom Ford.

But I boycott Estee anyways and every single company they grab and then ruin.

Honored Contributor

If his fragrances would come down in price, I'm all for it!

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl, Hopefully T.F. will not sell. I always have worn Jo Malone body cream and cologne. The last purchases I made the scents are so light you cannot smell It seems once a company is sold new purchaser lightens the scent. Perhaps this is my imagination.. After half and hour there is hardly a scent. I LoVE JO Malone but will no longer purchase. Is there a Tom Ford that is freah clean and not woodsy.  Just a nice clean freash scent Have read many compliments about Black Orchid. Thin it is unisex.. I appreciate all your advice. Many thanks to all

Esteemed Contributor

WOULD BE VERY SAD, BUT 3 BILLION IS ALOT OF MONEY.

GOOD FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS WORTH OF GAS!!!  HAHA!!

HAD BEEN SLOWLY EASING HIM OUT OF BLUE MERCURY SINCE LAST YEAR. USE TO BE THEIR BIGGEST AND MOST PRESTIGOUS BRAND FRONT AND CENTER IN THE STORE.   EXCEPTIONAL TO SAY THE LEAST!

PRAY THE DEAL TAKES AWHILE TO TAKE PLACE!

Occasional Contributor

I worked as a temp in an Estee Lauder Employees' Store a few years ago and we sold Tom Ford fragrances. Even though the products were 10 - 20% off the department store price, Ford's fragrances were pricey, but very nice. Occasionally we had some Tom Ford eyeshadow palettes so it's not a surprise that Ford is making a deal to become part of the EL lineup.