Honored Contributor

Re: Oh ladies, I need your help with concealer!!!

[ Edited ]

I've recommended this Maybelline concealer many times. It's top-rated anywhere it is sold. The one shade which is 'universal' is the "Neutralizer" which has color-correcting pigments. The other universal shade is the "Brightening" which does exactly what is says...it has a pinkish undertone. Goes on like a full-coverage liquid foundation. No creasing and no need to set it unless you have oily skin or have applied a moisturizer eye cream. 

Apply it lightly, don't over-do it and if needed you can apply more. The biggest mistake with this one is over-application and that will make you not like it so go easy with it.

Cost is usually less than $10 so even if you buy the wrong shade, it won't break the bank to get another in the right shade and use the other for contouring.

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer 122  Sand

Honored Contributor

I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind ERASER multi use concealer in Shade 110. I am fair, blonde and I use it instead of foundation. It also looks equally as good under the eyes. I should note it has a price tag of $8.80 on Amazon and it far exceeds any high end makeup concealer I have ever tried.💕 

Trusted Contributor

L'Oreal True Match Eye Cream In A Concealor.  Dries down to a skin finish, not heavy or cakey.  It comes in a tube and is more of a liquid than a thick cream.  The secret to using this is to dab a tiny, and I mean tiny, dot on your fingertip and dab it on under your eye.  It spreads easily and quickly.  

For people with very dark circles, this is not a full coverage concealer but it is buildable.  It does not settle into my under eye creases as long as I don't apply too much. 

I tried the Maybelline Rewind concealer and found no joy.  The L'Oreal True Match works better for me.

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ  I got the lens for distance vision only, since I have double vision and would need to wear corrective glasses anyway for that condition.

As it turns out, though, SO much prism had to be put in my new glasses (to correct the double vision) that they're almost 1/2" thick!!!!!!!!  I'll only be wearing them for driving.  

If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have done it at all!!!  I would have waited until the cataracts were much worse and then I would have chosen the multifocal lens.  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

@spent2much , I'm more into brighteners, rather than concealers,  although I have both.  I find the brighteners do both, conceal, and brightener in 1 step.  My 1st favorite is the Maybelline age Rewind brightener (not the eraser)  it's almost a pale white shade that seems to diminish my sunken look a bit.  I have and use Becca too.  Pixie is very similar and much cheaper,  but ingredients aren't as good. Beauty Pie looks even better.  I don't have either of those, I saw them online.   I also have the Bobby Brown corrector and concealer,  pricey, but if you want coverage, these will help. I don't find them to brightening though. I also have a cheap eraser from Cover Girl, I only use occasionally on a scar from a skin biopsy on my cheek...it really covers!!  With everything I've mentioned, you will need a good eye cream and need to pat pat pat these products in, or they will crease(HATE THAT)  I sometimes go back over with another tiny dot of moisturizer and pat in again.  All said, I usually just use the brightener, mostly Maybelline...most simplest and quick, does the job. They all settle in little lines throughout the day.

Respected Contributor

@alliswell , the cool Ivory looks great...im going to have to check it out...im fair/porcelain with pink undertones.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:

@alliswell , the cool Ivory looks great...im going to have to check it out...im fair/porcelain with pink undertones.

@Dazlin 

I like to compare products -  I'm going to try the concealer that @SilleeMee recommended - also made by Maybelline - and it is top-rated.   

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer 122  Sand 

Respected Contributor

@alliswell ...I just checked, that's the one I have...I have the lightest shade 95...goes on like a brightener. 

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I use Maybelline Instant Age Rewind ERASER multi use concealer in Shade 110. I am fair, blonde and I use it instead of foundation. It also looks equally as good under the eyes. I should note it has a price tag of $8.80 on Amazon and it far exceeds any high end makeup concealer I have ever tried.💕 

@Trinity11 I bought this and tried it.  It stays wet and you can tell it's wet.  Woman Sad

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@spent2much wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Trinity11 I bought this and tried it.  It stays wet and you can tell it's wet.  Woman Sad

I haven't had any issues with it. In fact I asked my dermatologist whether it was OK for me to use and she gave me the 👍 up. Maybe you are twisting it too much @spent2much . I barely touch it. It is dry when I first use it in the morning.