Respected Contributor

Oh No, Dimitri! "Made in China"? Ugh!

[ Edited ]

I can't believe this!  A few months ago, I wrote Dimitri's customer service suggesting he make an "eye mask" product.  Low and behold, I just saw "EyeMergency" on Evine.  I watched the video and was ready to hit "Add to Cart" --- until --- I saw, "Made in China".

Ugh!  I am just devastated!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Oh No, Dimitri! "Made in China"? Ugh!

[ Edited ]

You need to make your own decision, of course, @RinaRina ; but you only have half the "China" story.  Dimitri went to great lengths recently to address what "Made in China" means with Skinn Cosmetics.  He has his own manufacturing property there and uses his own skincare formulations.  His skincare products are manufactured to his specifications...so this is not Skinn farming out the manufacture to Chinese manufacturers. 

If you still have questions, the Skinn Cosmetics team at his Facebook page is very good about answering them.  HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Trusted Contributor

I always look to see where items are made and I too have noticed that some of his stuff is from China. I think most of his skin care is made in the US but the make-up products are from China; so I've never purchased any of those items from Skinn.

I'm down to about 2 products from Skinn - facial cleansers - that I really like and that's about it.

Lately the more I read about some practices in China the less I want to purchase of items that are made there. <sigh>.

Trusted Contributor

Anyone who believes the story that everything is the same if it is made in China is absolutely wrong.  The consumers who avoid make up or skin care made in China is smart.  There are a lot of cost cutting measures that are used, not to mention of course the cheap labor. 

For the past year or so, I have noticed QVC prefers to state:  Imported.  Usually that

means China as well.  I prefer the transparency of stating exactly which country a product comes from.

Honored Contributor

Made in China = Animal Testing

'

No more Dimitri

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

'

No more Dimitri

Environmental Policy

At Skinn we believe being good to the environment is as much a part of doing business as is making a profit. We purchase only recycled, recyclable and/or biodegradable packaging materials. We also reuse all packing material sent to us (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc). Finally, our products are never tested on animals.

Sorry, @phoenixbrd, you'll have to find another excuse!Woman LOL

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

'

No more Dimitri

no, it does not. China does NOT require animal testing on products made in their country.

People really need to get more educated about China and their animal testing policy and not just instantly think anything China related unequivocally means animal testing.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gokat wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

'

No more Dimitri

Environmental Policy

At Skinn we believe being good to the environment is as much a part of doing business as is making a profit. We purchase only recycled, recyclable and/or biodegradable packaging materials. We also reuse all packing material sent to us (packing peanuts, bubble wrap, etc). Finally, our products are never tested on animals.

Sorry, @phoenixbrd, you'll have to find another excuse!Woman LOL

Dimitri even said this visit all his brushes are now synthetic (no horse hair) and his keratin is plant based (keratin is usually made from sheep) He wants to use NO animal based products in his line much less test on them!

Please don't make comments about subjects that you clearly don't have all the information about- there are people that ACTUALLY believe everything they read on the internet Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@susan in California wrote:

Anyone who believes the story that everything is the same if it is made in China is absolutely wrong. There are a lot of cost cutting measures that are used, not to mention of course the cheap labor. 

For the past year or so, I have noticed QVC prefers to state:  Imported.  Usually that means China as well. 

==================

Hi Susan in California,

I caught on to that trick long ago.  "Imported" is simply "code" for China.

I avoid China whenever I can.  Many years ago, when I lived in San Francisco, I had a friend who was Chinese who started an import business.  He told me - verbatin --> "I can get everything cheap in China.  China can copy/duplicate anything the US makes and it's all cheap and inferior."

From his mouth to my ears.  I never forgot it.

This is kind of OT, but I recently learned my lesson -- again.  Last summer one of my dogs was not in good health.  I took her to several Vets including a "Holistic" vet who gave me a Chinese herb called Ophiopogon.  My dog soon went into renal failure.  When I went back to my traditional Vet and she did my dog's bloodwork, she was appalled and said my dog was dying.  When I showed her the container of Ophiogopogon, she looked at me as if to say, "how could you!"  She didn't say that --- but she did say some other things which convinced me to never use "Chinese herbs" on my dog again.

I also never forgot all the people who died from Heparin 7 years ago and the drywall used in new home construction which over time, emitted carbon disulfide gases (Made in China).

So, no thanks.

I will try to be open-minded tho', and wait for the reviews.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Does the same apply to IT Cosmetics, are they Made in China too??