Trusted Contributor

Re: Oh No, Dimitri! "Made in China"? Ugh!

[ Edited ]

@suzycue wrote:

Not only are they made in China but they containing carcinogenic preservatives that are banned in Europe! I stopped buying Skinn 8 months ago when I learned the truth about his products.

Please do tell what these "banned" carcinogenic preservatives Dimitri uses that no one else uses in their cosmetics here in the good ole' USA are? I mean, Europe has banned salicylic acid for use in cosmetics but most here LOVE BHA's for their exfoliating needs and it has not proven to be unsafe as far as I have researched(allergies does not equal carcinogenic)...I could point out other examples but I really don't think it would matter to you...looking at your history of negative posts against Skinn and Dimitri shows exactly what you are trying to do...nuff said! 

I have researched his preservatives and he uses the safest ones available in the US and he shuns using even semi controversial ones like parabens or ingredients banned in Canada/Australia like hydroquinone, which many use safely in their skincare every day as well...and just remember, anything can be toxic... including water or table salt, if too much is ingested...

Respected Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

@suzycue wrote:

Not only are they made in China but they containing carcinogenic preservatives that are banned in Europe! I stopped buying Skinn 8 months ago when I learned the truth about his products.

Please do tell what these "banned" carcinogenic preservatives Dimitri uses that no one else uses in their cosmetics here in the good ole' USA are? I mean, Europe has banned salicylic acid for use in cosmetics but most here LOVE BHA's for their exfoliating needs and it has not proven to be unsafe as far as I have researched(allergies does not equal carcinogenic)...I could point out other examples but I really don't think it would matter to you...looking at your history of negative posts against Skinn and Dimitri shows exactly what you are trying to do...nuff said! 

I have researched his preservatives and he uses the safest ones available in the US and he shuns using even semi controversial ones like parabens or ingredients banned in Canada/Australia like hydroquinone, which many use safely in their skincare every day as well...and just remember, anything can be toxic... including water or table salt, if too much is ingested...

I, too, would like to know which banned and carcinogenic preservatives he is supposedly using.  @SuzieQue, you may want to actually read the EU statutes as very few are banned outright.  Some are to be used at specific percentages but they pretty much were in the first place.

@Krissy_1968, please don't believe all you may hear about parabens.  They are actually safe.  In fact, probably safer than some new preservatives that have been introduced to take their place due to the inaccurate fear mongering of marketers.  

I have done a lot of research on preservatives and been involved on forums, conference calls, lectures with preservative experts.  I can sure you, Nobody in the industry is intent on harming consumers!

Regular Contributor

368 are banned in Europe! That is a LOT in my book! No Skinn products going in my pores! Do your research ladies...it's very easy these days. Demetri should win an Academy Award for the way he sells these sub par products. I'm sure he's smiling all the way to the bank. 

Honored Contributor

@suzycue wrote:

368 are banned in Europe! That is a LOT in my book! No Skinn products going in my pores! Do your research ladies...it's very easy these days. Demetri should win an Academy Award for the way he sells these sub par products. I'm sure he's smiling all the way to the bank. 

Why do you insist on beating a dead horse @SuzieQue?  I think we got your message the first time.  Why aren't you sharing your knowledge and being specific?  I think, if you truly were concerned and really wanted to warn people you would provide the info rather than just throw out insults.

Regular Contributor

These are not insults but facts. I am simply stating the facts and it is up to YOU the consumer to make an informed decision? Do you eat GMO foods? Organic? Artificial sweeteners? Soda?  These are issues that you must become informed on for yourself. I have done so and have concluded that Demetri's products are not what I want on my body. Do the research and decide for yourself. I wish you all a happy and healthy and non-toxic New Year!

Honored Contributor

@suzycue wrote:

These are not insults but facts. I am simply stating the facts and it is up to YOU the consumer to make an informed decision? Do you eat GMO foods? Organic? Artificial sweeteners? Soda?  These are issues that you must become informed on for yourself. I have done so and have concluded that Demetri's products are not what I want on my body. Do the research and decide for yourself. I wish you all a happy and healthy and non-toxic New Year!

@suzycue wrote:

@SuzieQueYour comment was both an insult to Dimitri (yes, that's how you spell his name, unlike your spelling of the QVC host's name) by saying his products are sub par and you insult the users by inferring they're stupid for not being on the same plane or opinion as you.  We have many smart women on this board who do lots of research on the skincare they use and the products they consume, me included.  No one is telling you what to buy or what to use.  You haven't stated any facts at all.  If you want anyone to take you seriously, then provide links.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because the comment is unkind