Honored Contributor

I purposely don't watch the news because my heart just can't take all the hatred and all the sad news.  It causes anxiety.  I just opened You Tube to load up some videos for tonight and the first thing I see is our governor talking about 14 students and one teacher dead in Uvalde, TX.  My husband has hunted there for years.  It's very close to the Mexico border and I never liked for him to hunt there.  It's a dangerous place.  All those poor families that lost their children, grandchildren, brothers, sisters.  My heart breaks for them Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I agree, I have been limiting the news.  Every time I turn on the tv another disaster.   So sad....on all levels and within minutes it is already being politicized.   My heart and prayers go out to this small town and all of those who have been impacted by this horrific event.  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm it is absolutely heartbreaking! Unfortunately, mass shootings are occurring all over the U.S....They can and DO occur just about anywhere in the US....not just in a place that we might say ahead of time is not a safe place. It is amazing that we tolerate this outrageous level of violence in our culture.

Respected Contributor

I have had to limited the news also.. I just can't take it and it ups

my anxiety level .... not good for me ....

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   A recent update is 18 dead. My late DH and I were/are both news junkies.

I watch news daily, both local and national. I like to know what's going on here and world wide, be it good or bad. I'd rather be informed or not, but hey, that's just me!

Respected Contributor

I am trying to limit the watching for all the same reasons too. In this instance we have a right to be outraged at this senseless slaughter.  

Respected Contributor

Fourth-grade teacher Eva Mireles killed at Robb Elementary School.

Teacher Eva Mireles

Honored Contributor

@Goldengate8361 

I've known for years how dangerous it is in Ulvalde.  My husband and nephew (the one who just had his leg amputated and open heart surgery) had to have guides when they hunted down there to keep them (safer).  There are stories of people's heads being put on display on fence posts.  Needless to say, I wasn't happy about him going down there.  I haven't heard if the killer was a Mexican national or an American.  I'm just glad he's dead!

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie 

I stopped watching the news in 1989.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

A recent update is 18 dead.

Smiley Sad