Esteemed Contributor

Oh, Man! I am So (Censored) Stupid!

[ Edited ]

I have been coloring my hair at home for years, so I know my way around a box of hair color.

Today I decided to re-color my hair, and I pulled two boxes of the same color from my stash.

In the box was the bottle of developer, tube of color, and tube of conditioner.

Well, I mixed the color in to the developer, shook the bottles, and applied to my hair.

My hair is long enough that it requires two boxes to get full and complete saturation.

So, I wait the 30 minutes for the color to take, then stepped in to the shower to rinse and apply the conditioner.

When I opened the tube, I noticed that the conditioner had color to it.

I looked at the tube, and it said, "Cream Color".

Wait.

Don't tell me that I mixed the conditioner in to the developer!

I pulled the discarded tube of "color" from the trash, and yup, it said "Conditioner" on it.

I had accidentally mixed the conditioner in to the developer!

Not just for one box, oh no, I did it for both boxes.

I feel so utterly stupid to have made such a stupid mistake, not once, but twice!

In my defense, I had taken off my glasses so that I wouldn't get hair color on them.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Re: Oh, Man! I am So (Censored) Stupid!

I have done that when I colored my hair! GRRRRRRR😡😡😡😡😡

Honored Contributor

Well, how did your hair turn out?😱

Esteemed Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

Well, how did your hair turn out?😱

No color change, and we'll conditioned.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Well, I haven't done that... yet!  Just give me time!

Woman Wink

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't done that yet, but definitely when the color is in a tube and so is the conditioner, you have to double check which is which.

For people who don't color their hair at home, some brands the color tube has a color in it like Revlon and most Clairol brands and some brands the color is nearly the same color as a conditioner -- some L'Oreal brands are like that.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   Sounds funny NOW, but bet you were steamed! I've been having a few "foggy" moments since being in the house so much. Just chalk it up to that. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I say keep those glasses on.  That is too bad that you wasted 2 boxes but I am glad you did not destroy your hair.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   you just opened and softened your hair's cuticle layer.  Now it will be more receptive to color.

Don't throw away your unopened bottles/tubes of color. Wash out the bottle you already mixed with developer and conditioner if you still have it.

Buy some CREAM developer (peroxide) for hair.  Amazon has it.  Now mix your color tube into the clean used empty plastic bottle with the same number of ounces as the developer.  (Half developer and half color)

Good luck.  If you threw away the plastic bottles that came with the color kit,  you can order a new plastic hair color bottle from Amazon too.  When done, wash it out.  They are reusable.

Esteemed Contributor

L'Oreal numbers the tubes and I always check, number 2 is for developer & 3 is conditioner.