Trusted Contributor

Re: Official new Drugstore Diva's Thread for June 2021!

@monicakm Morphe is considered lower-end makeup, but they have a great assortment and are considered excellent. 

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

CP is Colourpop.  It's not a drugstore item but it's less spendy than a lot of drugstore beauty products.   WnW is Wet n Wild. OoO is Oil of Olay.  

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

So it's ok to mention them in this thread or would you rather me not since  you can't get it at the drugstore.  I just wanna follow the rules Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch, I bought this same light L'Oreal BB foundation a couple of months ago, and I love it! I got a BOGO from Walgreens website and have found that it's the perfect light coverage for me, plus so moisturizing. It's definitely a keeper for me. It's white when I dot it on my skin, but immediately changes with a hint of color that's perfect for me in the medium.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Of course, they are all inexpensive more accessible brands, and that is what we are talking about here. The rules I was suggesting is that if other's want to talk about expensive brands such as MAC, Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, La Mer etc. they can start their own thread. 

This thread is to talk about affordable beauty.

Regular Contributor

Been using Neutrogena Oil Free eye makeup remover from Amazon, on auto delivery for a long time. It's about $5.00 a bottle, with a price adjustment for AD. It looks like Lancôme Bifacil that I used for years, works just as well and sooooo much cheaper. also, tried  Morph eyebrow pencil instead of Anastasia and also like it as well for at least half the price (available at Ulta). Alba Hawaiian enzyme pineapple cleanser is totally non-drying. I've been using this only in the  morning, so not sure how well it removes makeup; still have Tatcha to use up at night (do love it.....we'll see). Think there are tons of good replacement items out there!  

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

With less expensive brands I won't feel as guilty tossing them out as they age and buying new.

💄 💋 👁 💸 🧴🧼

@1Snickers 

This has always been an issue for me.  I always read about mascaras that cost $30, $50, $75, $100+ and I just can't sign on.  I toss my Maybelline Full 'N Soft washable every three months and start a new tube.

There's no way I could toss a $100 tube of mascara every 90 days.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i purchased Morphe lightweight foundation and is completely horrible.  The shade for fair/light ended up being a salmon color.  Very disappointing and frankly, a waste of money.  It's too bad it did not work out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@1Snickers wrote:

With less expensive brands I won't feel as guilty tossing them out as they age and buying new.

💄 💋 👁 💸 🧴🧼

@1Snickers 

This has always been an issue for me.  I always read about mascaras that cost $30, $50, $75, $100+ and I just can't sign on.  I toss my Maybelline Full 'N Soft washable every three months and start a new tube.

There's no way I could toss a $100 tube of mascara every 90 days.

@just bee probably just Kim Kardashian could afford that😄

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Mom2Dogs 

CP is Colourpop.  It's not a drugstore item but it's less spendy than a lot of drugstore beauty products.   WnW is Wet n Wild. OoO is Oil of Olay.  

@monicakm   Thanks!!