Honored Contributor

Re: Official new Drugstore Diva's Thread for June 2021!

@JeanLouiseFinch 

PF is famous for their bronzers (and blushes).  

Valued Contributor

What a great addition to the forums! I've always been a proponent of the dupes because I follow several You-Tubers who specialize in women over 50+ and their makeup  needs.

I bought that pop color eye shadow today at Ulta (had a gift certificate), and I'm dying to try the pinky mauve colors. I'm sick of Nudes. They give me nothing for my eyes except a bland look.

I'll be following this category with interest.

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

Does the CP brow gel keep your brows up and kinda "crunchy"?  My Benefit 24 hr Brow Setter does this and they stay where you put them.  Then I top it with their Gemme Brow.  I think I could easily find a drugstore dupe for the Gemme Brow.  Would be great to find  one for the Brow Setter and I'm not into brow soap.  Tried that already.

Regular Contributor

Just a reminder to everyone when trying new skin care items - if you are sensitive to scents, make sure it is unscented.  Sometimes I venture out into a new line and don't pay close enough attention.  Olay comes in scented and unscented.  I bought a No. 7 serum that was scented and I think I'll have to toss it.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

CP is the best!  I've got on one of their SSS right now.  Have you seen the Cold Stone Fox palette for cool neutrals?  It's much larger than what you bought.  You might not need that much.

Honored Contributor

I am so excited to see this thread started!  Can already tell I'd better get a pad of paper out to make a list so I'll remember the items I want to try when I get through with my current stash.

Thank you @Squirrel Lover 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

I've tried but never really liked the look of a bronzer on me since I try to keep my face "bright", bronzers just seem to look muddy on me until I learned a new way of applying them (still won't wear it all the time).  I put my  bronzer where I would normally put my blush.  Then I topped it with my blush on the apples of my cheeks.  That looked a lot better but I think my face is just not made for bronzer.  I put more emphases on eyes and lips so I keep my blush more subdued 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover I'm assuming you mean the ELF Putty Primer is the dupe for the Tatcha Silk Canvas?  I've never tried the Tatcha product but I do have the putty primer in the pore blurring one (I think that's the name). It's not my fave only because I'm not that big of a primer fan but if I'm going to use one, I want it to be a little more glowy. 

I have had some great success at the Dollar Tree in my area finding a few products.  I did find a Hard Candy blush the other day called Fox in a Box.  The name alone made me laugh.  It's a pink and yellowish marble looking blush, similiar to Hourglass Ambient Lighting blushes.  

A couple weeks ago I found a Wet N Wild Blush that I absolutely love.  The name is off-putting though.  It's called Fantastic Plastic Pink Blush. It looks very sparkly in the package but on the cheeks it is not sparkly at all.  

I have also had good luck finding ELF brushes at Dollar Tree and ELF makes some nice brushes.  

Since you mentioned Hot N Flashy on YouTube, another person to follow for drugstore products is Drugstore Maven.  She's younger but she does nice, normal make-up.  LOL  Some of those YTbers are cute but their make-up is not my thing.  

Honored Contributor

@zitawins 

Oh boy!  Someone to appreciate my "colorful" palettes Smiley Happy I'd like to suggest a palette for you but it's not keeping with the "drugstore" theme Smiley Sad  It's full of pinky/mauves AND some pinky nudes.   Here is one that isn't drugstore per say but is drugstore priced (I think).  Lisa Frank 35B by Morphe.  It's $20 (I think).  If this is against the law for this thread, please lmk so I won't make the same mistake twice and I can also delete it.

Honored Contributor

Since I am not a beauty junkie...when abbreavations are used, I have no idea who is the manufacturer or proudct.