Honored Contributor

Re: Official new Drugstore Diva's Thread for June 2021!

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Kymheart1 wrote:
Hi I am a beauty junky and some of the abbreviations throw me for a loop. I didn’t know for a minute CP stood for Colourpop. I know now😉😉😉

As requested by other posters, please reconsider before using abbreviations on this thread.  Many may not know what you're talking about.  I'm familiar with many makeup brands, but it's easier to be able to read what the brand is instead of trying to figure out the code.

Until yesterday when I saw this thread I had never heard of ColorPop.  Got on their website just after and have some pretty lip products.  I have been lost for years withouth my Origins Malt lip pencil.  No longer can even find on eBay.  I am hoping some of theirs will work. 

As an almost sixty year old Oil of Olay girl since my Great Grandmother and Grandmother and Mom did the same before me this is a great thread.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm You're quite welcome Smiley Wink  It's definitely supposed to be important to wear sunscreen while using an AHA or BHA and being careful of the sun (and using a sunscreen every day of the week, in general, regardless of how cloudy it is outside).  I like Cetaphil facial moisturizer with a spf (sun protection factor) as it never feels heavy or greasy.  (It may have been suggested to use a sunscreen with at least 15 spf, but some researchers have apparently recommended using one with at least a 30 spf.)

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Lipstickdiva 

I see Walgreens has that Palmer's cleanser. 

@SilleeMee , I see it's not sold in stores but I think I can have it shipped to my store for free.  I think I will do that.  I'm getting low on my Sephora balm and I'll try this instead. 

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I thought this was a "drugstore" thread.  Does ordering from various websites or shopping at Ulta qualify as "drugstore" ??  Not to me.   

@tototwo Ulta carries both higher end and drugstore brands of make-up. 

As an aside, Ulta has entered into an agreement with some Target stores similar to Sephora and JCPenney.   

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

I thought this was a "drugstore" thread.  Does ordering from various websites or shopping at Ulta qualify as "drugstore" ??  Not to me.   

@tototwo 

I have found in many cases that I can't afford "drugstore" prices.  Walgreens has Maybelline Full 'N Soft mascara for $9.99 and CVS wants $10.49.  Target's got it for $7.29.

Some people knit or crochet; my hobby is searching for a sale price on my regularly used "drugstore" items.

I just ordered 6 tubes from Ulta.  They were asking $8.99 but they had a buy-two-get-one-free deal last week.  That's like six bucks a tube.

Same story with the other regular products I buy: Alba Botanica, Lumene, Dr. Bronner's.  I'd love to pick these up locally but many of these items are no longer available in the stores.

The best prices I've found for Alba Botanica are on the Vitacost website.

Shopping has become complicated.  I rarely shop at CVS because their prices seem high to me; however, they had the best price on Lumene Glow Reveal moisturizer recently, so I stocked up.

We all develop our personal shopping strategy...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm getting nostalgic here for Tangee, Angel Face....does that date me or what?

These days I use a few ELF products, used to love a certain mascara of theirs that had a small brush (and I have some of their makeup brushes, quite nice!).  

NYC and Wet 'n' Wild for a number of different things...Essie and Sally Hansen for nail polishes.

Gotta be carefu buying eye makeup or blush or even lipstick, though.  The only place I can tolerate any sort of sparkle or glitter is nail polish.

Unscented Cetaphil AND its dupes for cleaning off all that drugstore makeup.  😝

Honored Contributor

@just bee there is no doubt some drugstore brands are getting up there in price.  Some are nearing the prices of department store/Sephora prices.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@just bee there is no doubt some drugstore brands are getting up there in price.  Some are nearing the prices of department store/Sephora prices.

@Lipstickdiva 

No kidding.  I just spent $92 on four jars of Lumene Glow Reveal moisturizer.

Pin on Health & Beauty

And that was the sale price!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Occasional Contributor

ColourPop is on Zulily Upcoming list today
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I’ve been using several of Josie Maran’s skincare products for a long time and decided a few weeks ago to try less expensive “drugstore” products.  I started with the Cerave line (creamy cleanser, resurfacing retinol serum, AM moisturizer with sunscreen and PM moisturizer).  The only thing I wanted to add to this was a vitamin c serum. Instead of buying the Cerave vitamin c serum I bought the Cocokind vitamin c serum at Target ($17).  It has really good reviews, has a slight orange scent and is not sticky.  I’ve only been using it a few days but so far I like it and it has not irritated or dried my skin.   After I finish my Cerave stash, I’m thinking of trying some other products from Cocokind.