Honored Contributor

Re: Official September 2021 Drugstore Divas thread

[ Edited ]

@decaf wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I mentioned in another thread that I recently purchased the Walmart brand (Equate) version of CeraVe PM moisturizing lotion.  CeraVe is an inexpensive but effective, dermatologist recommended moisturizer.  The Equate version is every bit as good but nearly half the price.  It's a winner for me that I'll continue to purchase. 

image.jpeg

@JeanLouiseFinch  Did you happen to compare the ingredients to see if they're the same or fairly close?  Just wondering.

@decaf 

CeraVe PM:

image.jpeg

Equate Version:

60710023-AF20-4D81-85AF-6E621C17C377.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Speaking of CeraVe, for several reasons I decided to go back to CeraVe for my cleanser and moisturizer. I've always had great luck with it in the past, and somehow had just migrated away from it. Anyway, I found a large jar of the moisturizing cream (with pump) at Sam's for around $14 - a jar half that size is around the same price at Walgreen's. Also, I love Micellar water and have been using Garnier. I bought the CeraVe Micellar water at Walgreen's and can't believe how much more effective it is compared to Garnier. The CeraVe is a much better product for removing makeup and isn't drying.

I'm not sure about buying the Walmart and Walgreens equivalent of CeraVe. It's such a good product as is, and I hate to mess with that!

@jannabelle1  I have a boatload of body lotions, creams, and butters.  My commitment and goal is to not buy any more until they are used up, and then move to CeraVe or something comparable from Costco.  

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I realize now I worded my question about the CeraVe and Equate ingredients really poorly.  I didn't intend for it to sound like I was asking you to supply them to me, sorry for that.  But thanks for them regardless.

When you said the Equate version was working great for you, I was just curious if you had compared the ingredients,saw they were the same and it was a no brainer  Or if they were different but you thought, why not take a chance?

Sometimes I'll check the ingredients on a generic version and if the ingredients aren't exactly the same, I won't buy it.  I assume it won't work as well and then I regret doing that because it might be as good, or better, and cheaper. 

Esteemed Contributor

I started wearing makeup again and would recommend a drugstore mascara.  Revlon volume and length magnified works well for me, especially daytime wear.  I also like Covergirl lash blast fusion.  That seems to give a little heavier lash for evening wear.  

Honored Contributor

I want to rave about a wonderful product that I have been using for the last couple of weeks.  It's Milani Rose Butter Lip Mask.  Ulta didn't carry it so had to purchase it on Milani's website but Target or Walmart may have it.

It is fabulous.  My lips aren't chapped or dry anymore.  At first when I got it and saw how small the container was I was disapointed but you don't need much each night so have barely used any.  The container may be small but it will last a long time.  I do suggest a spatula to get the product out so you don't have to dip your finger in it.  It doesn't come with one though so I use the one that came with the Tatcha lip product. 

Have tried other lip masks/scrubs - Josie Maran, Tatcha and the usual lip balms but this one wins hands down.

Think there are 2 kinds - the Rose and, I think, an Avocado oil lip mask.