Respected Contributor

Re: Official August 2021 Drugstore/Inexpensive Beauty Thread

Essence has some really nice blushes

Essence Mascara's are great.

Maybelline instant age rewind under eye concealer. 

Rimmel exagerate water line retractable pencil eye brightner thats a dupe to Tarte.

Milani Luminoso blush which is very similar to Nars O

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife 

I recently did a huge declutter since I was moving. After I had gone through my make-up brushes and gleaned down to what I was really using, and what I thought performed best, I had a handful of Real Technique brushes as well as a few ELF and It Cosmetics brushes. More Real Technique brushes than anything!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Jacie 

and others who responded to my question about RT brushes...thanks so much!  I must get some!  I think there is a 5-piece basic set; maybe I'll start there.  I DO love my IT brushes, but RT brushes look great, too and let's face it beauties, we can't have enough make-up brushes!  LOL!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@poregirl wrote:

I bought NYX tinted brow mascara in brunette.

Its not super dark brown & thats why I like it. 

I bought the clear version of this and it's a winner.

Contributor

I just want to chime in to say good luck with MRI....my prayers will be with you....and congrats on becoming a grandmother 

Trusted Contributor

@molly and me wrote:

I just want to chime in to say good luck with MRI....my prayers will be with you....and congrats on becoming a grandmother 

For:@Squirrel Lover 

Honored Contributor

WOW! I am so impressed with a couple of the more recent drugstore items that I purchased.  Recently I purchased the Wet N Wild loose translucent setting powder and the E.L.F.putty primer and tried them both out today and really like them.  Have only used them once but already I am impressed and like them a lot.  After I've used them a few more times, I'll give a more detailed review but even though I just tried them today for the first time, they aleady get a thumbs up!

Honored Contributor

I was at Walmart this afternoon, intending to purchase a bottle of CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizer.  Right beside it was the Equate version (Walmart's house brand) for half the price.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞that it performs as well.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I was at Walmart this afternoon, intending to purchase a bottle of CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizer.  Right beside it was the Equate version (Walmart's house brand) for half the price.  Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞that it performs as well.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I've been impressed by several Equate products.  Compare the ingredients for the CeraVe cleanser and Equate cleanser.

I actually prefer the Equate product.

Report your findings. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

I thought I would add my purchase yesterday as it WAS August!  I stopped in Ulta and purchased the new MAybelline glowy primer/highlighter.  It's supposed to be a dupe for the Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Flawless Filter.  I've only used a sample of the CT so I'm not sure if it's a full on dupe, but I used it this AM as a primer and I like it!  Just enough added moisture that my foundation (whichever one I use!) goes on a bit smoother and looks a bit smoother.  

I also picked up two Essense eye shadow palettes.  Small six pan palettes one called Taupes (on the greyish side of taupe, which is why I got it) and one called Icy, Icy Blues, which is a few really nice and subtle shades of blue/grey.  I used them this AM to try out and they are terrific!  Only 3.99 per palette!  Even the shimmers as a topper worked well.  

Also picked up the Elf putty bronzer.  I've been using and loving the Soleil Tan de Chanel.  But it's in a large tub ('ll be using it for years!) that is certainly not conducive to travel.  The lightest shade in the Elf bronzer was sold out, so I got the next shade up based on the assurance from the sales person at Ulta that it went on very sheer and it could be returned if I didn't like it.  Used it this morning and I like it.  It looks so much deeper in the pot but does go on sheer.  Doesn't look muddy either, sort of a golden sheen.  It was $5 compared to the Chanel at $50 (much bigger pot, however).  It's going in my travel bag after I try it out with a couple of the different foundations I use (more glowy or more matte),

I also got (yea, I know it was a haul, but I got a lot of stuff and the total was under $100 - that's ONE thing, two if you're lucky, at a Chanel, Dior or Lancome counter!) a package of those paper-like stick on nail colors to try.  I haven't done that yet, but will let you know how they work out.