Valued Contributor

Re: Of these three choices what's your favorite?

@Mama Deb None of these. Josie Maran is so overpriced and outdated. You can find 100% Organic Argan oil products on Amazon for one tenth the price. My dermatologist who is an old lady with absolutely flawless skin tells me she has seen clients over the years who have used all types of products- from drugstore to high end. She says the ONLY thing that actually produces results, and its the one she uses, is AMLACTIN DAILY. She says she sees major improvement in her patients who have used it, usually within weeks. You can find it at Walmart and lots of other places, and its cheap.

Super Contributor

I have recently purchased multiples of all three of these, and wanted to give some away as gifts. I did not want give a gift that wasn't that good. 

I appreciate your input and find these responses interesting.

Honored Contributor

I prefer the Beekman product because it is not greasy and rapidly sinks into the skin. Josie's product does not and the Philosophy doesn't moisturize my skin at all.

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying body lotions like these 3 several years ago because I saw no big difference. I honestly have never liked any of the Beekmann products that I bought, and I've never thought Philosophy was all that great. I admit I haven't tried Josie. I've had good luck with Eucerin, Nivea and CeraVe - all have worked well for me, are a fraction of the price and are available at Walgreens and elsewhere. I'm going to look for the Amlactin that was mentioned here, especially since it was recommended by a dermatologist (CeraVe is also recommended by many doctors too).

Walgreens has a nice 30% off regular priced products now and shipments are usually made within a day or two. The code is at the top of their web page.

Honored Contributor

beekman body cream

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Mama Deb - hands down, no contest - for me anyway - Josie Maran body butter.  My skin loves this stuff and so do I.  As far as I'm concerned, well worth the price.  

Esteemed Contributor

None of the above.   Sorry.   I prefer CeraVe, Aveeno, or BBW Shea Butters for body lotions.   CeraVe for my face.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I did not like any of those.

I do however love the Tweak'd body butter or whatever it's called, you can use it anywhere, it works great, absorbs quickly and is non-toxic.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

I stopped buying body lotions like these 3 several years ago because I saw no big difference. I honestly have never liked any of the Beekmann products that I bought, and I've never thought Philosophy was all that great. I admit I haven't tried Josie. I've had good luck with Eucerin, Nivea and CeraVe - all have worked well for me, are a fraction of the price and are available at Walgreens and elsewhere. I'm going to look for the Amlactin that was mentioned here, especially since it was recommended by a dermatologist (CeraVe is also recommended by many doctors too).

Walgreens has a nice 30% off regular priced products now and shipments are usually made within a day or two. The code is at the top of their web page.

Hi @jannabelle1  - Have you ever tried Vanicream?  Sold at Walmart, Target, etc.  Dermatologist recommended and  fragrance free.  I've used it in the past and liked it.  Very moisturizing without being greasy. 

Honored Contributor

@Mama Deb  - I'm a big Amazing Grace fan so for the purposes of layering the fragrance, I've got Philosophy in my arsenal.  I use the souffle and body lotion. 

I've never tried JM.  I've tried a sample of Beekman and it was just okay.

I've got Wen body treatment in my stash.  Very moisturizing and luxurious, IMO.  I'm using the unscented version currently.