Respected Contributor

Re: October Scents and Common Sense - Welcome!

Hi all. Still nice today but getting colder, sigh. DH closed the storm windows, a sign of impending doom, also known as winter! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Neck is a little better, now I have a shred of hope it will get better. Stomach still feels like I did something during PT, hoping it's just a pulled muscle.

Doglover, only you know what auto-ships you'll use and which will be too much. At least you have found some good ones.

Forgot to mention, yesterday I tried testers of L'Oreal True-Match. They had shades 1-3 in the 3 undertones. I put them on the back of my hand (yeah, I know, not the same as my face but I can see it). None matched! I am pretty floored. The warms were more peach (again, I am not), and the cools were too cool, so if I had to I'd choose I'd pick neutral, but it wasn't a great match. I could see them all, none disappeared.

Can't believe tomorrow is Halloween and new thread time.

Respected Contributor

Adrienne Landau eau de parfum, HSN, now!

Contributor

Hi everyone!

Just writing a little to say hi, don't have my 'worry hat' on right now, lol so just relaxing a bit.

Desi, I understand about your P.T, had the same experience with a chiropractor, would take too long to go into it, but agree, cancelling was the right thing to do.

pepesmom, so nice and compassionate for all you do for/with the furbabies, I would love to but would want to take the ALL home! (and sad stories about animals is just too much for me to handle)

doglover, I have only tried White Diamonds, not the other two you mentioned. I don't really buy big bottles anymore, so if I can find a small size or samples of them I'll give them a try.

So, is everyone ready for the Trick or Treaters tomorrow?! For quite a long time now, I have only been getting maybe 2 or 3 kids, so I start out with one bag of mini Hershey's, then I think...hmmm what if this year I won't have enough to go around, so I buy another bag, just in case! lol I'm sure this year will be the same, so I guess I'll have to force myself to eat the remaining! haha

I think a lot of kids now go to different 'events' and things in public places, like the malls, much safer it seems.

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi Kamuda! Good you are chillin' and don't have your worry-hat on - I think mine is crazy-glued to my head, lol!

I guess there are incompetents in every job. Wish we didn't have the misfortune of finding out the hard way who they are.

Agree about smallest sizes when possible with new scents. You can always get the big-daddy if you use up the mini and still love it. Aren't too many I repurchase, but there are a few, especially with Philosophy. Sephora always has sets of tiny sizes with a gift (so you get a full-size for free) cert to purchase whichever one you like best. My fear is I won't love any of them!

I gave up buying candy for Halloween, because we all know where it's gonna go! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} I don't put the lights on any more. I don't enjoy opening the door. There really aren't too many kids either old enough or young enough to trick or treat in my neighborhood. I do have some plastic toy frogs to give out if I absolutely have to. No danger eating them, and they keep just fine if they are left over.

Respected Contributor

Desi, glad you are a bit better and hopefully will continue to do so on your own without farther tests or PT, hope so anyway. Give it some time and see how you are and feel.

I never tried the Tru Match but do like the serum absolute and is what I used till recently. There was a L'Oreal I did try but forgot which it was? You are right, I do have 2 I love and 1 I really like so, maybe I should let the others alone and just stay with what I have. I just did postpone my BE bareskin next shipment though till the middle of March so, will give me more time to decide if I want to keep that or not since I wouldn't use the perfecting veil or the lip gloss product and wouldn't use the blush or shadow as often being loose so, maybe I should cancel that and just get the bottle of foundation when and as and if needed. I also use my RT brush so I don't even need the brush so, I can just go to Ulta and pick up the bottle by itself, no S&H, will see when March gets closer.

I love both the Mally liquid in the compact and her air brushed mousse in the pump bottle though which comes with a very nice brush so, really think these 2 Mally's are the best for me. One is light and the other is light/medium(air brush mousse) and yet both are the same color when on, both good. I know I am not a warm but a mix between cool and neutral both girls told me at Ulta and a lady at a counter in a dept. store. I really don't go by that though, better to try and see what works in different brands since they sure are different.

The only window we have open is one in our bedroom which is the last to get closed. I open it a bit when I go to bed even in winter though, is on my side of the bed and I sleep better with a bit of fresh air.

Karmuda, I got the 3.4 ounce for $17 something, good deal for the size. I like the plain white diamonds the best and it stays on me the longest while being the softest of all of hers. Some say it is very strong on them but it isn't on me, not at all, just the opposite, very soft on me but so many are like that for me but most don't have staying power where this one does

There isn't any anymore that trick or treat in our neighborhood and the 2 homes that have little ones take their kids to other neighborhoods in town where there are more kids so more people homes to go to. We haven't had anyone here in years.

Contributor

Desi, oh geez, that was funny...I think my worry hat is SUPER-glued on!!!! I recall Sephora carrying those fragrance 'kits.' I think the last time I looked (a few years ago) I wasn't real crazy about the scents. I'm still stuck on that Joyful by Escada even though it's not long-lasting, and I see they have it in the rollerball size now...I'll have to take off my worry hat on that one and put my decision cap on and decide! lol

doglover, yes I think the dry-down of White Diamonds is nice. I've complimented a few people on their scent, and that was what they were wearing. Yes, I will ask someone what they're wearing if I like it because that's what fragrance addicts do! lol

Okay, then it's just not aound here with the disappearing trick or treaters. I had my sad hat on for a few minutes remembering when there would be a lot of kids out. I have a peep hole, (for some reason that sounds strange writing it!) in my door, so I can make sure they're really kids, and not the boogy man!

Okay, enough about hats for now, haha sleep tight youz guyz!

Contributor

G. Morning, (west coast time)

Desi, I looked on Sephora's website, glad you mentioned their fragrance 'sampler collection,' had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. Was hoping to see Joyful incliued, but no such luck. A few of the others I have tried, had Prada Candy in the past. It is a good deal if you really like any of them, but it seems you can only use the coupon at a 'regular' Sephora, no on-line or at Sephora in JCPenneys.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention though!

Have a nice day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi Doglover, kamuda, everyone, Happy Halloween! Not doing anything to celebrate but enjoy whatever plans you have.

Doglover, I think we always want to try what's new. That's what they hope when they dangle new products in front of us. Unless we don't watch the shopping channels, read their emails, and stay out of stores, the temptation is always there. As long as you can afford it and enjoy it, it's all good.

Kamuda, you are welcome! I noticed 2 different assortments of samplers last time I was in Sephora - and I almost never go. You can see what scents are in them on-line. None of the ones I have tried in them were great IMO. Joyful sounds lovely, haven't seen a tester but will try it when I do. Not saying if I ordered Adrienne Landau eau de parfum from HSN Wink. I rarely like scents I order from them, although I have had a couple of hits in the past.

They are predicting awful weather this week-end, sigh. Unless you love winter which I sure don't.