Valued Contributor

Obsessed with brushes.........

and always trying to find the perfect one for blush. Anybody want to tell me which is your favorite? I just bought the Bare Minerals slanted one at Ulta and it's really good quality but probably better for foundation. For some reason I just had to have it. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

Re: Obsessed with brushes.........

I have yet to venture into the high-end brushes. I have two sets of the real techniques. I will admit that I am very curious about the pricey ones though
Super Contributor

Love the IT brushes - the ones sold individually in her site. Not those in her sets.

French Boutique Blush Brush $34.50

ETA: The bristles are very loosely packed. It's impossible to pick up too much product at once. So you can't end up with clown cheeks. Just sweep the blush up toward the temples. Or some prefer to start at the temple and brush down toward the cheekbone. Don't put blush on the apple of the cheek and don't go beyond the center of your eye. ala Wayne Goss

Contributor

I also love it IT Cosmetic brushes, have maybe 4 or 5 of them, good quality.
Respected Contributor

After trying so many I finally found(thinks to this board) my absolute favorite brush to apply foundation. The Real Techniques Expert face brush(got it at Ulta) is the best brush I have ever used. I use a liquid foundation. I put 2 dots on the tip of the brush, dot around my face than blend in using a circular motion all over my face, chin and hairline. This gives a perfect finish, looks like an air brush finish and lasts all day/night for me since my makeup is on for a good 16 hours every day. I liked it so much I got another as a back up for when I wash them, love these brushes.

I got the last IT TSV, CC cream and use this brush with that instead of the brush that comes with it. I don't use this IT though for summer, too heavy for me so use a lighter weight liquid foundation for summer.

Honored Contributor

IT brushes are the best, IMO, but I've also found some Real Techniques and Eco Tools brushes that I like. The best way to get IT brushes is to either buy a brush kit when they're doing a Black Friday sale on the website or buy a product on QVC that comes with a brush. I've gotten a bunch of them that way and it's a very good value when you compare the kits to the brush price alone on Jamie's site. I'm buying kits with core products that I'd want anyway, so it makes sense to get them this way, but there was one time when I bought the matte bronzer compact kit just to get that luxurious fan brush. The fact that I ended up liking the bronzer was a bonus...LOL

Honored Contributor

On 6/21/2014 Irishrose136 said:

Love the IT brushes - the ones sold individually in her site. Not those in her sets.

French Boutique Blush Brush $34.50

ETA: The bristles are very loosely packed. It's impossible to pick up too much product at once. So you can't end up with clown cheeks. Just sweep the blush up toward the temples. Or some prefer to start at the temple and brush down toward the cheekbone. Don't put blush on the apple of the cheek and don't go beyond the center of your eye. ala Wayne Goss

This one comes with her Vitality Cheek Stain kits on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I love Laura Mercier's brushes. I have quite a few of them and they're very high quality. I've had them for years. I also have a couple of Smashbox brushes that I like a lot.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I have 2 different ones that I use. Mac 188 is my favorite for loose or finely milled powders or cream blush. For harder pressed blush I like Bobbi Brown blush brush, its cut in a way that ya can't mess up blush.
Valued Contributor

Paula's Beautypedia reviews brushes, just search under "Search Reviews" and chose "Brushes & Applicators". While the tools you use are personal to you, you can at least find reasonably priced Best rated brushes, and avoid expensive duds.