Honored Contributor

I recently purchased and used OUAI shampoo for FINE hair.  It gave me thickness, shine, some body and actually made my hair feel luxurious (soft with the thickness).  The shampoo is pricey ($28 for 10 oz.) but I did not need a lot of shampoo to receive my results.  I bought at Nordstrom for free shpg.  On the OUAI website you can receive 15% off but I believe you need to spend $50 to get free shpg.

If you want thickness from a shampoo, THIS IS IT!  I am going to order the conditioner next.  It promises to give volume.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: OUAI Shampoo for Fine hair

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   A couple of posters have said how good the products are so I am seriously thinking about trying it. I triend Beekman Brothers and even with their conditioner dried my hair so not using. Used to be just a drug store used but my hair needs more now. Thanks for the information.

Respected Contributor

I love it too!  I also use their De-Tox shampoo, amazing.

Super Contributor

@Katcat1 Thanks for your post about OUAI.  My hair is thinning and I was looking for something to help.  It's always smart to check here for good advice.

Honored Contributor

@appm   It's amazing how far shampoo and conditioners have come.  You may have to pay more but usually you don't need to use more.  Enjoy it when you get it.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Thank you!  I know some people don't believe a good shampoo makes a difference but if you have fine hair, it really does!  

I had a coworker who has the best hair ever and she could wash it in dish soap I swear and it still looked good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only product I've ever tried from this line is something they called a Texturizing Hairspray.  The only way I can describe this product is odd but not in a bad way.  

The smell was amazing.  It definitely was not a hairspray though.  There was no hold to it whatsoever.  When I sprayed it, it felt like just air was coming out of the can. I wondered if anything was even coming out.  I thought my can was defective. But it sprayed out pretty hard as in hair blowing all over.  LOL  

It gave me really nice volume on second day hair when I needed some oomph but I can't say I noticed much of anything on freshly washed hair.  It was way too expensive at $26.00 for an under 5oz can being that I was underwhelmed by what it did on fresh hair.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying this if I could get smaller sizes for a decent price.