Honored Contributor

Re: OT- should I get a clarisonic?

On 7/11/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 4/25/2014 Kjelle said: For the last 2 weeks I've been using the Luxe brush on the Mia 2. It is truly luxe and it does clean your face. I had a dry patch due to my prescription and it is now gone. I used it to use the BGT as a mask. Brilliant results!

I am crazy for the luxe cashmere brush. I was a big fan the Mia2 using the regular and deep pore brushes but the luxe made me fall in love all over again. It's like a spa treatment every morning in the shower. I use Peter Thomas Roth with the Mia then follow it with half a pump of tea tree cc. The tingle on my well-cleansed skin is amazing and it sets the stage for my Josie Maran argan oil. Fast, easy, done.

Kjelle and islandgrrl, thanks for the reviews on the Luxe brush head. I guess I'm going to have to take the plunge an buy it the next time around. It sounds sooo luxurious!

-- bebe Smile

Respected Contributor

Thanks, bebe! I need to get more into green.

I don't have the Pro. My Creations model is great….. But it is noisy! I worry about my hearing. LOL Good to know that the Pro is quieter! I could never justify purchasing a different one, though.

Thanks also for the comparison to Ninja…. Although I LOVE my Vitamix, and have never regretted the purchase, I have wondered if I could have spent less. The power of the Vitamix is vital for my smoothies…. I forgot to kick it up to high once, and the skin of the blueberries wasn't emulsified.

Regular Contributor

Why is this on a WEN thread?.....Anyway, I have a Clarisonic Mia 2....love it...I'm sure I missed something as all the comments were so long.

Honored Contributor

On 7/11/2014 imxpnsive said:

Why is this on a WEN thread?.....Anyway, I have a Clarisonic Mia 2....love it...I'm sure I missed something as all the comments were so long.

It's posted as "off topic" (OT). Also, Chaz is always talking about how he uses his Clarisonic with either one of the BCCs or CCs to cleanse his face.

-- bebe Smile

Honored Contributor

I am 60 and just recently got my Mia from Nordstroms for $89 with free shipping to me and back if I sent it back. I have used it every other day until my skin gets use to it and so far I really can see a change in my skin. Seems much cleaner and softer and my skincare/make up seems to go on better and I use less of it. I only use it at night tho, so maybe I can use my brushes longer. The hard part for me is not putting alot of pressure on the machine, that caused my skin to get to irritated and flaky. Try your local Nordtroms and use it and if you don't like it, return it within a month. Shipping is free!

Honored Contributor

Since Chaz talks about how he always uses his Clarisonic with his Wen BL or CC to cleanse his face, since it's today's TSV I thought I'd move this thread up. Btw, I bought my Clarisonic Plus over two years ago and I just love it. Along with my Emjoi Tornado (which is rechargeable), it's my favorite beauty devise.

-- bebeSmiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Why wouldn't you get one? They are awesome, you'll wonder why you waited so long!

Super Contributor

On 4/25/2014 FluffyBear said: Thanks for all the advice.. After much research, I decided on a Foreo Luna and love it so far. I got it about a week or so after this post

So which one did you get the Mini Foreo Luna or the larger one - 317-810 on HSN

Super Contributor

I received my Foreo Luna Mini and have been using for a week, but I'm packing it up to send back to HSN tomorrow. I think it's a great tool, but, for *my* skin it doesn't do enough. After using my Clarisonic for years I guess anything else just feels inferior.

But I think it's a complete personal preference. Really not going to know which one you'd like better until you have tried both.

Regular Contributor

Sorry, but I don't recommend Clarisonic. I purchased one when they first were presented, it lasted barely a year. I was given a replacement and it quit after 18 months and at price of almost $200 I expected much more longevity. I just purchased a sonic brush from Clinique. The price was $89 and frankly I already finding it's performance is better. It is very gentle and I am noticing my black heads are reduced.