Respected Contributor

Re: OT-just for fun. If your pets could talk

On 6/7/2014 mewsmomtoo said:
On 6/7/2014 Scooby Doo said:

Geez, my dog is "talking" all the time. I'm afraid the neighbors are going to revolt. She's a 10 month Yorkshire terrorist. Right now she's out chasing the feral cats. I play ball with her and she gets so excited that she jumps up and bites my inner thigh. Ouch! Earlier she was going crazy over a big bumble bee in my flowers. She was chasing it, barking, and jumping trying to catch it. I've never been around a dog like this, with the attention span of a gnat. I'm ready to put a muzzle on her, so I'm glad she can't talk.

Anyone want to buy a dog at a huge discount?

At our barn, if I see a horse pushing its owner around and generally acting like a fool, I highly recommend they stop riding for a while and do a lot of ground work to teach the horse manners and to develop a relationship with their horse. Once things are under control, they can get back on. Everyone is happier and safer {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hope you don't mind, but I would recommend obedience training for you and the little terrierist.Smile I bet you will both be happier. Since she is so active you could even try agility training! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} (This is all assuming you weren't just being humorousSmile)

Forgot to add that I would love to talk to my horse, my five cats on the other hand, I would talk to one on one, but I don't want them ganging up on me!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

PS: I DO know you were kidding about selling your puppy!

o

No, not kidding. I did find her a good home a couple of months ago. They had her four days and brought her back to me. I'm afraid that if I find her another home they won't keep her either and she will just get passed around. This is a one of a kind pooch. My daughter and I have been trying to train her, but she's a tough nut to crack. I've taken her to Pets Mart and she just jumps, yelps, flips. Can't get her attention long enough to teach her anything. Keeping my fingers crossed that she will turn out ok. I need the dog whisperer for this one.

Frequent Contributor

My miniature Schnauzer would say : ""mom lets go to the park to get me a girlfriend"" (single and mingle) Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Abrowneyegirl said:

Would you pay to have your pets be able to talk to you for a day?

How much would you be willing to pay?

What would be your first question for your pet?

NO I am not selling anything obviously {#emotions_dlg.w00t} ! Like I said "just for fun and smiles"

Did anyone really answer the questions?

Anyway, I don't know how much I would pay, but I know my first question would be "are you in pain and how can I help." My Lhasa Apso is 13 years old and this last year he had a operation and seems to have aged quickly since. While the operation went well and he recuperated fine, I notice a lot of different things going on with him. While I know it's all part of the aging process, I worry that he's in pain and I can't help him. I just wish I knew.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

Super Contributor

Geez, my dog is "talking" all the time. I'm afraid the neighbors are going to revolt. She's a 10 month Yorkshire terrorist. Right now she's out chasing the feral cats. I play ball with her and she gets so excited that she jumps up and bites my inner thigh. Ouch! Earlier she was going crazy over a big bumble bee in my flowers. She was chasing it, barking, and jumping trying to catch it. I've never been around a dog like this, with the attention span of a gnat. I'm ready to put a muzzle on her, so I'm glad she can't talk.

At our barn, if I see a horse pushing its owner around and generally acting like a fool, I highly recommend they stop riding for a while and do a lot of ground work to teach the horse manners and to develop a relationship with their horse. Once things are under control, they can get back on. Everyone is happier and safer {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hope you don't mind, but I would recommend obedience training for you and the little terrierist.Smile I bet you will both be happier. Since she is so active you could even try agility training! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} (This is all assuming you weren't just being humorousSmile)

Forgot to add that I would love to talk to my horse, my five cats on the other hand, I would talk to one on one, but I don't want them ganging up on me!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

o

No, not kidding. I did find her a good home a couple of months ago. They had her four days and brought her back to me. I'm afraid that if I find her another home they won't keep her either and she will just get passed around. This is a one of a kind pooch. My daughter and I have been trying to train her, but she's a tough nut to crack. I've taken her to Pets Mart and she just jumps, yelps, flips. Can't get her attention long enough to teach her anything. Keeping my fingers crossed that she will turn out ok. I need the dog whisperer for this one.

My son and I received a dog training video from the shelter where we got our dog...this is not my first dog (had another for 16 years) and I still learned so much!I recommend getting something like that, and when you are all going to be home for a couple of days, try the tactics. My husband is not a dog fan, but he adores our dog---mostly because she is so well trained. It takes so much consistency and everyone has to be on board and do the same thing---but it is so worth it! You might even hire a professional for a day (not Pet Smart, but the kind that comes to your house---it is not as expensive as you might think)---the hard part is everyone being consistent. Good luck! (BTW, is anyone home all day? Is she crated for long periods of time? I hope you don't mind my butting in, but I now volunteer at a shelter and it is really sad...and now I am a crazy dog lady...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin})

Super Contributor

My dog would say, "Oh, no---not DYSON again!!"

Honored Contributor

scooby Doo: watch the new show on Animal Planet, actually its on right now its called my tiny terror. it may be helpful. You could pick up some training tips.
Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Disneylandfan said:

My boxer/lab mix would say, "why can't I get the turtle out of the pond?"

My boston terrier would say,"why did you bring her home?" referring to the boxer/lab

And the cat would say, "if the dogs touch me again, they die"

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 6/7/2014 KateChopin said:

o

My son and I received a dog training video from the shelter where we got our dog...this is not my first dog (had another for 16 years) and I still learned so much!I recommend getting something like that, and when you are all going to be home for a couple of days, try the tactics. My husband is not a dog fan, but he adores our dog---mostly because she is so well trained. It takes so much consistency and everyone has to be on board and do the same thing---but it is so worth it! You might even hire a professional for a day (not Pet Smart, but the kind that comes to your house---it is not as expensive as you might think)---the hard part is everyone being consistent. Good luck! (BTW, is anyone home all day? Is she crated for long periods of time? I hope you don't mind my butting in, but I now volunteer at a shelter and it is really sad...and now I am a crazy dog lady...{#emotions_dlg.biggrin})

EXACTLY. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 Feline Fine said:

Terriers are known for being very tenacious, energetic, and many are noisy, LOL. Maybe you didn't your research thoroughly enough before you got her? ;-)

Umm, yes I did. I know people who have these dogs, neighbors on both sides of me have one. None of them act like this dog. I took her home at 8 weeks and this personality hadn't presented yet. Tenacious, energetic are ok. Aggression, biting and attacking are not. This is a terrier on crack.

Honored Contributor

Hmmm to answer the actual questions...

Sure I'd pay upward of $1000 or more to actually talk with animals. Like have real conversations ala Dr. Doolittle. But it would have to be obvious that it was direct communication and not a psychic conveying their impressions. Mind blowing experience I'd think. I've dreamed of that since I was a little girl.

I guess I'd ask the cats if they were okay with their current situation. What are their big dreams? What can I help them do? What is purring really about? Do they have a culture? What is it like? Do they believe in a higher spirit? What's it like being a mother cat or kitten? What do I do that bugs them? What would they like more of?

What makes them laugh and how can I tell they're laughing? If they even laugh. Are there cat jokes? Is sleeping really as fun for them as it looks? Do they really realize it's just a string or a toy and pretend it's not or do they forget? How much thinking do they do during a typical day? Would they like me to explain how doors and windows and locks work? (Though I know I'd regret that last one!)

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr