Super Contributor

Re: OT didn't know where to ask this vehicle question

I have been researching the RDX and am going tamest drive one later this week! I have a Pilot, and want to get something a bit smaller. By the time I upgrade a CRV to what I want, the Acura is about the same price. Have had Hondas most of my adult life.
On 1/25/2015 reiki604 said: I had a Honda CRV for 15 years without any problems. Great vehicle. Just got the Acura RDX, LOVE IT!!!
Valued Contributor

LOVE LOVE LOVE my GMC Terrain!!!!!!!!!

KK

Honored Contributor

I own an Accura SUV (top of the line). My friend just bought one too. Here's why I'm going to a new one.

I was involved in an accident a few years ago. I was rear-ended by a guy traveling at least 65 miles per hour. He hit me, bounced, hit me came around my car, hit the front fender.

The insurance company put $ 20,000 into my car and got it fixed! No one could believe it.

The reason they paid to get it fixed is because Accuras hold their value. My body shop guy was amazed!. He said, "I learned something new".

It drives great. Had very little trouble with the car other than got new brakes. It's a 2006, only has around 70,000 miles on it (I don't work, so I don't drive a lot).

They aren't cheap, but they are great cars. I tend to treat my cars badly. I don't get the checkups like I should. Like I said, I've never had any trouble with this car.

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 ibb38 said:

Subaru Foresters are the best!

I agree. My 2000 Forester is still going strong. Handles like a dream.

Honored Contributor

Buy American!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Subura Cross Trek is excellent according to my DH. Looks like a hatchback car. Not quite as boxy. High ground clearance which makes them easy to get in and out of. Reasonably priced. Around $23,000 brand new. My DH is looking to trade a Toyota for one. It's a true crossover, too. I edited this to say we have a Suburu Forester (not a crossover) and are very impressed with it. They are a reliable vehicle.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/26/2015 ID2 said:

Buy American!

Most cars are made in America. http://kogodnow.com/autoindex/

This is CR ratings. You have to subscribe to see the list. http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/types/new-a-to-z-index.htm

Honored Contributor

We are VERY happy with our Ford Escape. I loved the Buick and wanted to drive it when we were looking, but there are some visibility issues while driving it that I didn't like too much. I also loved Subarus, but our local dealer doesn't like to sell cars, so we passed.
Frequent Contributor

I have had GM vehicles all of my life. My last one (2004 Malibu) was, I thought a good car, until the "recall" notices began to come to my home. I am unhappy with the company "knowingly" letting their patrons drive unsafe cars, and I vowed to NEVER purchase another GM. I recently purchased a Ford Escape (after much research). I am very pleased with it, it is a fun car to drive and I like how it looks.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Montana said:
On 1/25/2015 ibb38 said:

Subaru Foresters are the best!

I agree. My 2000 Forester is still going strong. Handles like a dream.

My son totaled my 2011 in December - the front looked like an accordian and he walked away with minimal injuries. An additional amazing testimonial for Foresters!