Valued Contributor

Re: OT didn't know where to ask this vehicle question

My son and his wife have a new Lexus Nx and they love it. I drove it and they almost had to drag me out of it....drove and rode like a dream. But we have had GM vehicles for the last 30 years and have had good luck with them.

Respected Contributor

I wouldn't buy an American car. The Japanese are just head and shoulders better at deigning and keeping cars running. I hate to say it because I advocate supporting American businesses but American cars rank behind Asian cars in many regards.
Esteemed Contributor

Subaru Foresters are the best!

Esteemed Contributor

My parents have a chevy equinox. We love it.
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add that we only buy GM cars because DH is retired from a supplier so we get a big discount for that. We have had nothing but GM cars , trucks and SUVs for the past 32 years - and my DH even longer than that, and so far have never been unhappy with any of them. We are currently driving a Buick enclave and we are perfectly satisfied with that choice.

Respected Contributor

On 1/25/2015 sissy01 said:

I'm looking for a new crossover/suv. Im thinking about the Buick Enclave. Anyone have experience with it or does anyone have other recommendations? Thank you so much

My friend owns one and loves it. It's very quality looking and heavy, not cheap. The only negative is that you can't get a V8, only a V6 engine and she thinks it's a bit sluggish.

Other than that, it's great.

Frequent Contributor

We always buy American cars. Have had very good luck with GM cars. Most of them had 190,000 + miles before we bought a new suv. Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, and Chevy Traverse are great crossover vehicles. People in our family own all of these and really like them.
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, to buy an American car or not has become a political issue - which is really stupid. You should buy a car based on he best deal you can get for a vehicle that meets your needs, period. or you may feel strongly you want to support your fellow American worker. But , certainly, to assign a political ideal to it is ridiculous. I would think about what is best for me - personally- first before worrying about what political parties support. No matter what you buy you are making a large investment and you should look at it as that first.

Contributor

Thanks for the input everyone. It was helpful. I'll report back when I make my selection.
Super Contributor

Only Nissan for me also! On my 4th Maxima and need a new one , soon. Love the Murino! Have u seen the Juke. It is so darn cute. Nissans are made in USA!