Regular Contributor

Re: OT- What kind of REFRIGERATOR do you have?

LG French doors. I have had this for eight trouble free years and love it.
Super Contributor

My fridge is a GE, and it's 16 years old. It has held up well, and if and when it dies, I'm checking into the Roper brand.

Contributor

SUBZERO in this home since 1993 --- have had only a few minor repairs done in all these years. They cost more initially but overall they are one of the best out there, plus they're made in the USA. My all stainless Subzero looks as beautiful today as the day it was installed.

Respected Contributor

LG Stainless steel

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

Viking Pro

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Super Contributor

A Viking French Door refrigerator - Love it!

Contributor

We had an Electrolux SS French Door with a 5 year warranty. After 2 years the ice maker went out and they fixed it. One year after that it went out again and they gave us our money back. I then took that money and bought a GE Cafe SS French Door with another 5 year warranty. With 3 days left on 1st year of the warranty, the compressor froze over so that had to be replaced. GE was great about the warranty work. BTW, GE just got bought out by Electrolux.

Trusted Contributor

We have 8 yo Kitchenaid SS Architect Series appliances. Every one of the four is broken. Dishwasher had a control board fire, side by side needs a new ice compartment which requires a whole new door (700$). Stove warming drawer not working, micro handle broke in two. I wrote kitchenaid a letter. I got a call "sorry nothing we can do". If they would have offered 500 off a new set I would have stayed with them. We are purchasing a set of GE Cafe Series.

Highlighted
Contributor

sub zero, I have had mine for 25 years and will last even longer. Its expensive but worth it

I also have a GE that is 30 yrs old, as a second fridge inside the house. No issues with that either and its a side by side with water and ice in the door

Frequent Contributor

Lg French door stainless