Trusted Contributor

OT - Washcloths- what to do with them after shower?

I tried to make my subject line as informative as I could so that no one would be annoyed with my OT thread! My husband and I take showers each morning and we each use a washcloth. Then we each drape the washcloth over the edge of the bathtub to dry since I don't want to throw a sopping wet rag into my hamper. Then I have wet wash washcloths hanging on my bathtub every day and I hate it. What do the rest of you do with them? I feel they need to dry before I can put them into the hamper to prevent mildewing, but there must be a better way to deal with them after the shower. Any ideas?
Contributor

Re: OT - Washcloths- what to do with them after shower?

I agree with you and won't put anything damp into the laundry. I drape them over the edge of the washer. Out of site and already where they need to be when I run the next load.

Occasional Contributor

I just hang them over the edge of my dirty clothes hamper to dry and the next day, toss them into the hamper.

Super Contributor

agree with u ..

Super Contributor

I don't actually use a washcloth, but a soft exfoliating cloth for my face, (and my own two mitts for the rest!) The cloth is thin, but still needs to dry out. We have a self stick hook on one of the inside shower walls (3M?)--it's small, neat and out of sight and does the trick!

Super Contributor

I lay mine flat in the bathtub to dry.

Trusted Contributor

I hang the wet washcloth from the shower over the shower rod to dry while I'm at work during the day.

Super Contributor

On the towel rack. Why do you use a new one every morning?

It was only used by You. ??

Respected Contributor

We have smaller towel racks that we use for washcloths. They match the bigger towel racks.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Regular Contributor

I highly recommend Command Hooks by 3m for your problem. I use many of them in my shower area and they help tremendously! [By the way, I use my washcloth (microfiber cloth) for half of the week.]
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!