Super Contributor

Re: OT / Passwords & logins!!

I have used Roboform, 1Password and LastPass for years. Roboform is my main one, but once the most recent 3 year subscription I purchased expires, I will likely stick with LastPass and use 1Password only until they want me to pay AGAIN for an upgrade in order to keep using it. LastPass and 1Password have excellent customer support, but if you ever need any help with Roboform, their customer service is often snotty in a tech kind of way and they have never helped me solve a problem in five years of use. I have had to solve every Roboform problem on my own. They are getting better at not having problems to solve, but again, with LastPass being free and the support being excellent (and the program is excellent too), I will probably go that way in the end.

Super Contributor

Re: OT / Passwords & logins!!

I use a few login/user ID's and a few passwords over and over, sometimes mixing the pairings up.

Plus I recently found out this excellent advice:

For passwords, it's safer to use a phrase that's personal to you (i.e.: cats make me smile or rock on), instead of just one word, even it that one word is combined with a number and/or has mixed lowercase and uppercase letters.

But if you do use one word, at least put a special number next to it, or start it with a capital letter.

HTH Smile