Trusted Contributor

Re: OT / Passwords & logins!!

I use index cards and file them alphabetically in a file box. For sites without personal information I used the password manger in Firefox.

Trusted Contributor

So frustrating. I finally had to get myself a small spiral notepad as passwords got more complicated but I code the sites the passwords are for unless I know the site has not kept my credit card info then I'll just write it out. I know you aren't supposed to write them down and I do have several fixed in my brain but worry about forgetting any if I don't log into that site for a while. One of those password sites was recommended by a friend and I should just do it. I worry about that site getting hacked and then all my passwords compromised making me start over. Ugh.
Trusted Contributor

I got a little password book at the Hallmark store, and keep it locked in the safe. But I know where to look if one of us gets brain freeze.
Super Contributor

I use the notes feature on my iPhone

Also if your password is more than 12 characters that helps and there is another method you can use.

Use the first letter or bits of a phrase or song - something easy to remember like ""walkin' in a winter wonderland"" becomes

""WIaWntrw0Ndur74nd!""

I also don't have many sites save my credit card info - I just re-enter it everytime.

Regular Contributor

I have a Yahoo email account and keep all my passwords on one of its notepad pages since I make sure my Yahoo password is the one I'll always remember. I also made a copy of it and put it in a draft in my Hotmail account just in case. So far I've had no problems. I just get tired of thinking up passwords I can somewhat recall - I don't like the completely random ones.

Super Contributor

I do try to create random, no word passwords now....I make note of it and store in an envelope. I have used the jumbled word/phrase method.
Contributor

I use an old fashion aphabetical address book with refillable pages. It's about 5x6 inches so if I need to take it with me it doesn't take up a lot of room. I haven't seen the password books from Hallmark but the address book has enough room to write down the answers to the security questions if needed. I can never remember those because I just make up answers as I go along. Use pencil!!
Contributor

I actually have an app on my phone called Passdroid that stores all of my usernames and passwords and all I have to remember is my "master password". In addition to storing everything, it's also a password generator so I don't have to come up with any unique passwords myself. Haha! I can also export the entire list/file of usernames and passwords and back it up in another location "just in case." When I upgraded my phone recently, I was worried about transferring all of my passwords over. I didn't need to be because all I had to do was download the app on the new phone and import the file from the "cloud" server where I had exported it to. Easey peasey.
Trusted Contributor

I found an unused address book, and I write them there. I live alone, so nobody is going to be looking. Important passwords are committed to memory.

Super Contributor

Some of the websites that I've forgotten the passwords to, I've ended up using profanities as the new password because I'm so frustrated. I know it's all for our own safety, but that doesn't make it any less infuriating when they make us use upper case, lower case and numbers in our passwords so that even we can't remember it.