Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

I've heard about the symptom of "off" tasting food.  I think that would be worse than no taste at all.  Went out to eat again today with parents and aunt.  Little Chinese woman, when I told her I wasn't eating, asked "why you no eat?" LOL  There is a viral tik tok video about how to get  your taste back after Covid.  Brown an orange and eat it along with brown sugar.  No one knows of anyone who's taste returned by consuming this concoction.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla 

You were very fortunate.

Valued Contributor

@monicakm, what a beautiful cake your daughter made!  

Valued Contributor

My niece had covid and lost her sense of smell and taste for about two weeks. Unfortunately she still is struggling with exhaustion and “fuzzy brain” even after two months. Hopefully her overall condition will show improvement over time. She is a single mom with two young children who are solely dependent on her. Very difficult situation. My heart goes out to all who are in recovery or grieving a lost loved one.

Honored Contributor

What a struggle she must be going thru Smiley Sad  I'm sorry.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm are you all better now?  hope so...

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thank you.  I may have some fatigue left but it's hard to tell when you have MS.  I still can't taste except for the first bite.  Smell is probably 50% (or less) returned.  Hard pill to swallow for someone who is a fragrance fanatic.  Counting the days my smell and taste are back to normal.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm I heard on the news that doing a lot of sniffing helps.  Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Honored Contributor