Contributor

Wondered if some of you ladies who have or are going through the change can help me. My hair has been thinning for the last couple of years. It slows down drastically only to start again. My dermatologist says this is quite normal for women going through the change, and I am taking two kinds of male hormone blockers ( I assume I have more male than female now) to slow down the thinning. Sometimes it seems to help, but sometimes not. Have had sporatic periods for several years ( my mom totally quit at 42 years old...naturally). I am 43 and had my last period in August. My last pap smear and blood work showed hormones were normal, but have had many women that are going through the change tell me that their's showed the same thing. I have had blood work done to check everything, thyroid and all, and everything is fine. Have any of you had issues with this and do you have any suggestions? I even take the vitamins for hair that you buy from HSN. Is this something I will have to tolerate till I have fully gone through the change? Share some experiences please. Thanks so much..