Contributor

Re: OT - For those watching LR Posh Christmas - is that Kathy Levine at the ""party""?

At the end of Lisa's party host and vendors were reminiscing. Kathy Levine was on because as she said (and I remember) she was Lisa's mentor when she first came to QVC.
Honored Contributor

Re: OT - For those watching LR Posh Christmas - is that Kathy Levine at the ""party""?

I watched QVC for 14 years and grew to really enjoy Lisa.I learned about hair and makeup from her and got many fashion tips and ideas as well.There has never been another host that was more fun to watch.I don't think I will watch much anymore now that JR,lisa and yes I will say it Patty Reilley are gone.I think the Q has less exciting products to offer than they did when I started watching but the people I mentioned managed to make it fun to tune in...so now I guess I will have to see if there will be something new come along to keep me tuning in.
Valued Contributor

On 12/12/2014 KateChopin said:

They have been taking a trip down Memory Lane, so it probably is Kathy Levine.

A few teary eyes, I see. I just turned it on, so I wonder if they have mentioned Lisa's leaving much. The Q will really see a difference in sales, I think. That woman is terrific at sales. Looks great, too!

I wonder if Patty, Lisa Mason, etc. are there also.

The background noise is not much different than the same during the Hamptons trip or the fashion shows. I guess they want a celebratory atmosphere.

Lisa Mason's husband is dying of cancer so she wouldn't be there and I don't think Lisa R and Patti were BFFs. No way would Patti return to QVC to celebrate anyone or anything.

Super Contributor

I wonder how much money was brought in, I'm guessing it was very high! Best wishes to Lisa!

Contributor

I watched the entire show and there was a clip of hosts and a former host Kathy Levine sharing their stories to and about Lisa.The show itself was nice as for the noise it didn't phase me too much.I've watched the Q for a long time and did not know she was on for 20 years! I'll miss her shows change can be good sometimes and I'm sure wherever she goes and whatever is on the horizon for her she will do well.Her dress was fabulous btw and she posted some pictures on her FB page and mentioned an app she uses to enhance her pictures (as if she needs it) I need it and would like to know what it is lol.Good luck Lisa and may the sun always shine upon you~

Super Contributor

On 12/13/2014 kabukidancer said:

I watched the entire show and there was a clip of hosts and a former host Kathy Levine sharing their stories to and about Lisa.The show itself was nice as for the noise it didn't phase me too much.I've watched the Q for a long time and did not know she was on for 20 years! I'll miss her shows change can be good sometimes and I'm sure wherever she goes and whatever is on the horizon for her she will do well.Her dress was fabulous btw and she posted some pictures on her FB page and mentioned an app she uses to enhance her pictures (as if she needs it) I need it and would like to know what it is lol.Good luck Lisa and may the sun always shine upon you~{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Nice post kabukidancer.

I was going back & forth between Blue Bloods & Lisa's Posh Christmas Show. If it hadn't been for the clips & tributes, I would have thought this was a Christmas party venue for the vendors. I would have liked to mingle among the party guests [to listen, to join in]. Lisa was Lisa, professional to the end.

I have always liked Lisa. I truly hope she is going on to something fantastic.

I will miss her & even though I don't watch much QVC, I think I'll still be looking for her to do a show.

Valued Contributor

I think they wanted people to get all sentimental and buy some expensive piece of jewelry to commemorate Lisa.
Frequent Contributor

I do like Lisa, but I really had to laugh when she first came out for the Posh Christmas show, wearing that cape with the huge train. She just stood there a while, and then slowly walked down the set toward the camera as if she were some kind of queen that everyone has come to see and walking so slowly with the train trailing behind

. Thankfully, she took it off shortly--but the effect made me kind of giddy.

Trusted Contributor

Truth be known, I'd bet she still thinks of herself as in her pageant days. She always struck me as narcissistic. Have to give her credit, she was able to play the many, with not much in their world, who follow her. I swear, some seem they would jump off a cliff, if she said it was 'amazing'.

Trusted Contributor

I must be the rotten apple in the barrel. I can't speak to Lisa as an individual since I don't know her, but as a host, I thought she was among the least appealing.