Regular Contributor

Re: OT/ Dh is starting to hate Dooneys Bags..Lol

For me, I find most of the D& B satchels (my favorite style) just too doggone heavy to carry around.
Honored Contributor

I was able to pick up a couple of old style Dooney purses on eBay right before Easter - beautiful condition and not much money. I use them more for special occasion than everyday. They were signature fabric ones with the DB all over it, and then leather trim. They're nice, but I'd never pay full price for one. If I ever buy a designer bag, that's the only way I'd do it or else the bag would have to be a really good price, like one of the clearance Tiganello's they've been showing lately. All summer long I've been carrying a fabric boho sling that probably cost me $20 and it's worked just fine for me.

Honored Contributor

On 9/14/2014 terrier3 said:
On 9/14/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 9/13/2014 HonnyBrown said:

They are becoming very common.

I can say the same for coach bags.

Thankfully Coach is re-thinking their strategy and pulling back a lot of their outlet bags.

Coach outlet offerings turned me off some years back, so I haven't walked into one for more than 5 years. Are you telling me it might be worth checking them again or is the change still in the future?

Honored Contributor

I spend more money on Wen a year than I do in Dooney bags and the bags aren't getting rinsed down the drain.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Yesterday I watched about thirty minutes of a Dooney show; really not interested in buying anything - just looking. They showed a small (square) cross body bag that I think was priced just under $200.00. It's the same bag I purchased for a granddaughter recently on eBay. The bag still had the original tags and inside was the registration certificate. It is in the orchid (pink) color, which was shown yesterday. I paid under $35.00 for the bag with free shipping.

Why on earth would anybody pay those extravagant prices when you can find the same thing for pennies on the dollar at eBay and/or Consignment Shops? I can afford what I want, but I'm saving the big bucks for something that means more to me than a handbag.