Occasional Contributor
On 12/9/2014 lennox25 said:

The OP has already stated that she will continue to do so because ""that's just her.""

Therefore I'm not sure of the purpose of her thread. What others do should not affect one's decision's.

I said I would continue to send Thank You cards because that's just me - the Christmas card sending was what I was more than likely going to be stopping and was just looking for opinions.

Contributor
For the past five years, I've been making Christmas or New Years postcards. Sine we don't have kids, but do have a sense of humor, we have our two kitties in a cute pose. It's a good laugh. People have actually asked for our latest card. (Vistaprint is a great source.)
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/7/2014 FluffyBlonde said:

I've sent them out for years and did this year, but after talking to several people who have stopped, I'm thinking of stopping myself. Anyone have thoughts regarding sending Christmas cards? I feel like a dinosaur in a way, and I don't enjoy it as much as I used to. I'm an email administrator and do text and email. I was concerned about my older friends, but most of them either don't or can't do send them now or have passed away.

I will, however, continue to write thank you cards as long as I'm able. That's just me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I have cut down a lot on the amount of cards that I send. Now I pretty much only send them to people who I know appreciate them. Time marches on, and I have no problem with that, but I know several people who love to receive & display Christmas cards.

Some are older, some aren't, and some live in other countries where cards are still popular. I also like to use Christmas cards to write thank-you's to my doctor & others who have been helpful to me during the year (attached to a box of candy or something similar).

But overall, I send far fewer cards than I used to, and I receive far fewer too. I love the ones I get, though. It's nice to be thought of, and I always appreciate the sentiment.

Kiss

Honored Contributor
Sending Christmas cards is a very special part of the holidays for me, and I will never let it die out as long as I have family and friends to send cards to. I mailed 85 cards this year, and have already received more than 25. I received a card this year from my 1st grade teacher, who is 93 years old. Even with failing eyesight, she wrote me a very touching note which I will always treasure. Texts and emails will never touch my heart the way her card has.