Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 jaxs mom said:

Oh ok, thanks for explaining. I had a similar thing happen with one of my boys that was a stray. He had fuzzy bumps back there too, and I'd never had an intact cat. When I took him in for a scheduled neuter they palpated him and said, nope nothing in there, he was already neutered. This is my same kitty that like to neck bite. LOL

You said it so much better. Thank you.

Respected Contributor

I am laughing at the thought there is another little Riley out there. Brat. My little fella will occasionally pick on my gentle giant cat. He will go up and grab him by the neck and start pulling his hair out, until Rex has had enough of this little flea, and he bites him back. These two mostly get along just fine, thank goodness. I guess I can put up with those little crazy moments, and I'm thankful he doesn't bother the others.

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking that since these guys had fully developed "fuzzies" that means they were neutered when they were a little older than usual. With that in mind, they may have had some time to develop these male habits that have carried on long after they were snipped. As you know, cats really are creatures of habit and instinct.

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

First of all, I suggest that you discontinue spraying your cat(s) with water. This causes the cat(s) to be fearful, teaches them to be aggressive and will cause you to have an adversarial relationship with your cat.

Spraying a cat with water also causes Upper Respiratory Infections and pneumonia. Vets have reported a rise in URI's and pneumonia in cats and this has been directly linked to the practice of spraying cats with water.

If you've observed one of your cats being protective over water, then alleviate the problem by providing another water bowl. Consider providing a ceramic pet fountain for them as well. Provide two separate food bowls as well.

Don't yell at the cats. If the cats are fighting with each other, stand up, separate the cats and say a firm, "No-no" in a monotone voice. Gently pick up the aggressive cat and separate him by isolating him in a different area of the house for a few minutes.

Provide the cats with more playtime. Siamese cats needs lots of stimulation as they are very intelligent and active. Buy the cats a TURBO SCRATCHER (Walmart, $12) that they can play with independently. Flick a wand with a feather at them so they jump around and try to catch the feather. Increased activity will lessen the anxiety of the cat(s).

Feliway is a good idea. It is a synthetic cat pheromone that provides temporary relief of anxiety in cats. It is helpful for getting a cat out of the habit of being aggressive, biting, etc. Get the plug in diffuser and place it in an area where the cats are hanging out.

Add a litter box if you don't already have at least two in the house. When you have more than one cat, the cats can begin to have anxiety if they have to compete for a litter box.

Leave the lids off so cats can see what's going on around them while they're doing their business. Make sure litter boxes are located in an area that is close to them; for instance, do not place litter boxes in the basement if cats hang out upstairs.

Buy some good cat treats and give them each one while they are in each other's presence. Sweet talk them and pet them when they are together and behaving nicely.

Always keep a kind & loving attitude towards your cats and they will respond in like manner. Cats, just like dogs, always wish to please their guardians and can be trained to be courteous, polite and well mannered pets.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Jeremiah 2911 said:

First of all, I suggest that you discontinue spraying your cat(s) with water. This causes the cat(s) to be fearful, teaches them to be aggressive and will cause you to have an adversarial relationship with your cat.

Spraying a cat with water also causes Upper Respiratory Infections and pneumonia. Vets have reported a rise in URI's and pneumonia in cats and this has been directly linked to the practice of spraying cats with water.

If you've observed one of your cats being protective over water, then alleviate the problem by providing another water bowl. Consider providing a ceramic pet fountain for them as well. Provide two separate food bowls as well.

Don't yell at the cats. If the cats are fighting with each other, stand up, separate the cats and say a firm, "No-no" in a monotone voice. Gently pick up the aggressive cat and separate him by isolating him in a different area of the house for a few minutes.

Provide the cats with more playtime. Siamese cats needs lots of stimulation as they are very intelligent and active. Buy the cats a TURBO SCRATCHER (Walmart, $12) that they can play with independently. Flick a wand with a feather at them so they jump around and try to catch the feather. Increased activity will lessen the anxiety of the cat(s).

Feliway is a good idea. It is a synthetic cat pheromone that provides temporary relief of anxiety in cats. It is helpful for getting a cat out of the habit of being aggressive, biting, etc. Get the plug in diffuser and place it in an area where the cats are hanging out.

Add a litter box if you don't already have at least two in the house. When you have more than one cat, the cats can begin to have anxiety if they have to compete for a litter box.

Leave the lids off so cats can see what's going on around them while they're doing their business. Make sure litter boxes are located in an area that is close to them; for instance, do not place litter boxes in the basement if cats hang out upstairs.

Buy some good cat treats and give them each one while they are in each other's presence. Sweet talk them and pet them when they are together and behaving nicely.

Always keep a kind & loving attitude towards your cats and they will respond in like manner. Cats, just like dogs, always wish to please their guardians and can be trained to be courteous, polite and well mannered pets.

Jeremiah2911 you are well versed in cat behavior!
Honored Contributor

That is so sweet and kind of you to take the kittens in like you did. I had one domestic male cat (my 1st cat ever and he was wild). Never again. I always have females. If you don't want to use the water the only thing you can do (until you talk to your vet) if separate them and say NO to the dominant one.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Fill an old pill bottle with beans or washers or metal nuts and throw it at them. They both will scatter but it work as a deterrent. Also the water gun will allow you to target shoot the right kitty. A strong concentrated stream is better than a spray for target practice. You could put a bit of orange essence in it. They don't like citrus.

Respected Contributor

You can intervene in the incident to teach them that you are the dominant one in the house. My female is dominant, while my wild bobcat/domestic mix is much calmer. They are both fixed, but the female is MOODY like a teenage girl. She can be cuddling one minute and hissing and scratching up a mess.

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 2blonde said:

I'm thinking that since these guys had fully developed "fuzzies" that means they were neutered when they were a little older than usual. With that in mind, they may have had some time to develop these male habits that have carried on long after they were snipped. As you know, cats really are creatures of habit and instinct.

2blonde - Kibo was rescued/neutered as a tiny kitten, but Taki was rescued as an adult so I have no idea when the snip happened. I will agree about the habits/instincts, although after more than 2 years it's just happening now.

Super Contributor
On 9/19/2014 Jeremiah 2911 said:

I said the water was a thought, but I've never sprayed either of them (or my 2 Shelties) mainly for the reasons you stated. I believe in positive, not negative training.

I actually have 4 water bowls, 2 fountains, especially since we're in the dry Phoenix desert. Everyone has their own food bowl.

I only yelled the first time. And when I say yelled it was really more like a shocked exclaim. I'm lucky to have Chewiee, the Enforcer Sheltie. He steps between the kitties, separating them. Then he "herds" one to another area. I don't even have to pay him. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I've had Siamese my whole life and know the tricks. Kibo & Taki each have their own Turbo Scratcher, toys, perches, beds. I do the feather and sparkling wand with Taki. Kibo prefers to play fetch with a mousie. We do this 2-3 times per day.

I've never heard of this so will get some and a plug in. Great idea!

I have 4 easy access, but discrete litter boxes. I've always known the importance of this.

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I think I'm doing almost everything right. My kitties & pups are my children. They do know they have to follow the rules, but I don't believe in negative responses if they're bad.